N1EE

Default Proof of Darwins theories...

I hope he didn't pass on his genes.

This is not your typical California sailor.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/stories.html?story=2

Guernsey was STUPID and INEPT when he Redondo
Beach, Calif., last Oct. 8 without a life raft,
without a survival suit, without an EPIRB,
without a single sideband radio, without a
satellite phone. His only communications gear
was a VHF radio.

I suspect he had too mucy fun in the 1970's.
I'm sure he was well supplied with drugs since
he left his brain in California.

I'd like to think he was not this stupid, and
that he just lied to his wife and is living
in the South Pacific with a new wife.

Bart
Jonathan Ganz

He's been posting under the alias Neal Warren for years.
She just thinks he went sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
I hope he didn't pass on his genes.

This is not your typical California sailor.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/stories.html?story=2

Guernsey was STUPID and INEPT when he Redondo
Beach, Calif., last Oct. 8 without a life raft,
without a survival suit, without an EPIRB,
without a single sideband radio, without a
satellite phone. His only communications gear
was a VHF radio.

I suspect he had too mucy fun in the 1970's.
I'm sure he was well supplied with drugs since
he left his brain in California.

I'd like to think he was not this stupid, and
that he just lied to his wife and is living
in the South Pacific with a new wife.

Bart

SAIL LOCO

Frank Guernsey, a 61-year-old insurance broker and vastly experienced
single-hander, sailed his Pearson Electra out of King Harbor in Redondo Beach,
Calif., last Oct. 8 without a life raft, without a survival suit, without an
EPIRB, without a single sideband radio, without a satellite phone. His only
communications gear was a VHF radio..

A true asshole!
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Donal

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
I hope he didn't pass on his genes.

This is not your typical California sailor.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/stories.html?story=2

Guernsey was STUPID and INEPT when he Redondo
Beach, Calif., last Oct. 8 without a life raft,
without a survival suit, without an EPIRB,
without a single sideband radio, without a
satellite phone. His only communications gear
was a VHF radio.

Oh for God's sake!

He knew the risks. He didn't take an EPIRB because he didn't want to place
rescuers' lives at risk.

I salute the man. He died doing what he loved - sailing.

He wasn't stupid, or inept. He made his choices. If I die at sea, I don't
want anybody to complain about the "system".

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

"Donal" wrote

He knew the risks. He didn't take an EPIRB because he didn't want to

place
rescuers' lives at risk.

I salute the man. He died doing what he loved - sailing.

yeah, me too, except for what he put his wife through.

Scotty

katysails

Scotty said:
yeah, me too, except for what he put his wife through.

If she didn't want to go, she could have stayed home. And wouldn't you
think she'd know what was and was not on the boat? Your statement makes it
seem as if she was lashed to the mast and screaming to get off the boat....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Scott Vernon

No, quite the opposite. I would think it would be harder on her waiting so
long for some word.

Maybe I'm too sensitive.
SV

"katysails" wrote in message
Scotty said:
yeah, me too, except for what he put his wife through.

If she didn't want to go, she could have stayed home. And wouldn't you
think she'd know what was and was not on the boat? Your statement makes

it
seem as if she was lashed to the mast and screaming to get off the

boat....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

N1EE

Maybe he's smarter than we think and they are
getting ready to collect on a big insurance
policy--enough to pay for a villa in Mexico.

A friend of mine has a business building fire
trucks. His secretary of many years decided
to retire and announced she was leaving the
company, gave 30 days notice, and retiring to
Mexico.

He was a little concerned. He told her to leave
a few weeks earlier, did an audit and found she
stole around $300,000 from the company over five
years, by making a big deposit to a bank for
subsequent disbursement to for payroll.

She is now in jail, but my friend never recovered
any of the money. The woman's "boyfriend
disappeared and is presumed living in Mexico in
the villa they were building.

"Scott Vernon" wrote

"katysails" wrote in message
Scotty said:
yeah, me too, except for what he put his wife through.

If she didn't want to go, she could have stayed home. And wouldn't you
think she'd know what was and was not on the boat? Your statement makes

it
seem as if she was lashed to the mast and screaming to get off the

boat....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

N1EE

If you go to sea in the same manner and disappear
I'll be calling you stupid.

At least bring a SSB.

"Donal" wrote

He wasn't stupid, or inept. He made his choices. If I die at sea, I don't
want anybody to complain about the "system".

N1EE

"Scott Vernon" wrote

"Donal" wrote

He knew the risks. He didn't take an EPIRB because he didn't want to

place
rescuers' lives at risk.

I salute the man. He died doing what he loved - sailing.

yeah, me too, except for what he put his wife through.

Scotty

That's what seems fishy to me.