Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JAXAshby

Default How many beer boxes needed to navigate an ocean?

dougies and jeffies and others seem eternally worried about NAVIGATING AT SEA
without triple redundant gps's, RDF, working C. Plath sextant, Almanac,
chronometer and SSB for time clicks.

This sailor -- who has sailed something more than a Hunter 19 or training
wheels -- thinks a single cardboard beer box is enough.

"When we asked what Babe would use to navigate, he pulled out a crude
astrolabe-like device he made from the cardboard from a beer box. "With this, I
can get my position, without tables or a watch, to within 60 miles."

see link for more of the story:

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...#anchor1085433