Marc Broe-Vayda

Default How can I remove stains from the gelcoat

Does anyone know how to remove really old dirt stains from the
gelcoat. I have tried acetone and scrubbing but these stains are
resistant. Does anyone know about a solvent that can dissolve these
stains but would not cause significant damage to the gelcoat?
Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure there are many others who
would want to know.

Marc Broe-Vayda
Seahag

"Marc Broe-Vayda" wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove really old dirt stains from the
gelcoat. I have tried acetone and scrubbing but these stains are
resistant. Does anyone know about a solvent that can dissolve these
stains but would not cause significant damage to the gelcoat?
Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure there are many others who
would want to know.

We use a product called On/Off at the boatyard. It's an acid and needs to
be handled accordingly, but does do a nice job. Rinse, wash, wax and your
done.

Seahag

Removing leaf stains on fiberglass? Bob Marchese General 8 June 2nd 04 04:26 PM
removing cetol from gelcoat Chuck Boat Building 2 March 7th 04 10:35 PM
How to remove rust stains from gelcoat Barry Minchey General 12 November 8th 03 04:13 PM
Water Stains in Headliner Dano General 2 September 22nd 03 12:43 AM
Gelcoat Maple tree stains Doobie General 5 September 12th 03 11:06 AM