Grouch

Default Cruising Kitty

Now that it is time to make my forced donation to charity along with the
small fee for defense and regulation of trade between the many states, I
was pleasntly suprised to see Bush's tax cuts (thanks, too, to the
Republican Congress) have made my cruising kitty quite nice this year.
Along with the recovered and booming economy, ie everybody who deserves
a job has one, all my investments are pointing back to a very, VERY,
early retirement.

I hope you all have benefited as much as this working (actually work)
class individual.

How much will it take to cruise indefinately around the world for
someone who is happy without all the excess crap like Bobsprit needs.

katysails

Grouch said that cruising kitty is quite nice this year.=20

I've always been nice.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DSK

Grouch wrote:
Now that it is time to make my forced donation to charity along with the
small fee for defense and regulation of trade between the many states, I
was pleasntly suprised to see Bush's tax cuts (thanks, too, to the
Republican Congress) have made my cruising kitty quite nice this year.

Well, where to begin... forced donation to charity, are you such a
compassionate conservative that you do as our Vice President does, and
donate _zero_ willingly? And if the Bush tax cuts have made a
significant impact on your finances, then you must have an income in
excess of $150K or thereabouts. Nice cruising kitty indeed unless you
are very spendy.

Along with the recovered and booming economy, ie everybody who deserves
a job has one, all my investments are pointing back to a very, VERY,
early retirement.

Yep, too bad everybody elses pension is going bust.

http://www.freep.com/money/business/...8_20031218.htm

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...-Aluminum.html

http://www.benefitslink.com/links/20030522-022464.shtml

etc etc etc

Oh yeah, and about 40% of the stocks on the NYSE and about 70% of the
NASDAQ have not yet recovered to their 1999 highs. So in other words,
odds are you're full of baloney.

I hope you all have benefited as much as this working (actually work)
class individual.

See note about Bush tax cuts and income above

How much will it take to cruise indefinately around the world for
someone who is happy without all the excess crap like Bobsprit needs.

Skill & knowledge are the first two requirements, and they don't cost
anything but time.

DSK

Grouch

DSK wrote:
Grouch wrote:

Now that it is time to make my forced donation to charity along with
the small fee for defense and regulation of trade between the many
states, I was pleasntly suprised to see Bush's tax cuts (thanks, too,
to the Republican Congress) have made my cruising kitty quite nice
this year.

Well, where to begin... forced donation to charity, are you such a
compassionate conservative that you do as our Vice President does, and
donate _zero_ willingly? And if the Bush tax cuts have made a
significant impact on your finances, then you must have an income in
excess of $150K or thereabouts. Nice cruising kitty indeed unless you
are very spendy.

Beside my generous contribution to my church (they are infinately better
at spending my money than the politicians), I don't have much to give.
The politicians have decided they can do better than I. I give 30%
directly (over 50% overall including indirect taxes) and feel I should
be allowed to save 20% for my retirement. I willingly donate to the
politicians- it keeps me out of jail. When the time comes, and I can cut
the ropes, I'll give nothing to the politicians (except for a little
capital gains). Currently, my stock options and appreciating home are my
cruising kitty and my investments are my retirement. Once I get what I
need in both portfolios, I am out-of-here!

Along with the recovered and booming economy, ie everybody who
deserves a job has one, all my investments are pointing back to a
very, VERY, early retirement.

Yep, too bad everybody elses pension is going bust.

They should learn how to handle money properly and take an active role
in their future.

http://www.freep.com/money/business/...8_20031218.htm

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...-Aluminum.html

http://www.benefitslink.com/links/20030522-022464.shtml

etc etc etc

Oh yeah, and about 40% of the stocks on the NYSE and about 70% of the
NASDAQ have not yet recovered to their 1999 highs. So in other words,
odds are you're full of baloney.

Shrimp maybe, but not baloney.

Almost all stocks were so unbelievably overpriced, it will be years
untill most companies achieve stock prices of 1999. And that is good.
When others were selling, I kept on buying. The recent recovery from the
lows of the past few years has more than accounted for the initial
Clinton Years Crash. It takes a religious person, i guess, to have my
kind of faith in the sectors I invest.

I hope you all have benefited as much as this working (actually work)
class individual.

See note about Bush tax cuts and income above

How much will it take to cruise indefinately around the world for
someone who is happy without all the excess crap like Bobsprit needs.

Skill & knowledge are the first two requirements, and they don't cost
anything but time.

I work daily on these and others. I believe all around health is an
important factor, too.

DSK

DSK

Grouch wrote:
Beside my generous contribution to my church (they are infinately better
at spending my money than the politicians), I don't have much to give.
The politicians have decided they can do better than I. I give 30%
directly (over 50% overall including indirect taxes) and feel I should
be allowed to save 20% for my retirement.

You are "allowed" to. Who do you think is stopping you?

Yep, too bad everybody elses pension is going bust.

They should learn how to handle money properly and take an active role
in their future.

I agree. However, the administration of pension plans is big business,
the gov't certainly puts their hands in it, and a large number of
corporations have decided that their pension plans are just more
'accounts lootable' by their CEOs... which is going to cost taxpayers a
huge bundle in the near future... and the Bush Administration is winking
at the situation.

People should definitely save for their future; but to connive at the
stealing of money that has already been saved, or been promised them by
contract, is no small matter.

Almost all stocks were so unbelievably overpriced, it will be years
untill most companies achieve stock prices of 1999.

Some never will.

.... And that is good.
When others were selling, I kept on buying.

Lucky you, to have the money to buy with.

However, if you truly benefit from the Bush tax cuts, then you are in a
higher income bracket than probably anybody else here (possibly
excepting Oz1) and certainly well out of the working class.

... The recent recovery from the
lows of the past few years has more than accounted for the initial
Clinton Years Crash. It takes a religious person, i guess, to have my
kind of faith in the sectors I invest.

It takes a bonehead to blame Clinton for things he had no influence
over, and praise Bush for things he had no influence over, and to give
thanks to a group that is picking your pocket as fast as they can while
hollering a lot of hypocritical prayers.

"The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry."
- Richard Dawkins

Skill & knowledge are the first two requirements, and they don't cost
anything but time.

I work daily on these and others. I believe all around health is an
important factor, too.

Yep, health is important. And just as with finance, conscious choices
have a big impact. But also subject to unexpected and unexplanable losses.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King