DSK

Default Cruising Kitty

Grouch wrote:
Beside my generous contribution to my church (they are infinately better
at spending my money than the politicians), I don't have much to give.
The politicians have decided they can do better than I. I give 30%
directly (over 50% overall including indirect taxes) and feel I should
be allowed to save 20% for my retirement.

You are "allowed" to. Who do you think is stopping you?

Yep, too bad everybody elses pension is going bust.

They should learn how to handle money properly and take an active role
in their future.

I agree. However, the administration of pension plans is big business,
the gov't certainly puts their hands in it, and a large number of
corporations have decided that their pension plans are just more
'accounts lootable' by their CEOs... which is going to cost taxpayers a
huge bundle in the near future... and the Bush Administration is winking
at the situation.

People should definitely save for their future; but to connive at the
stealing of money that has already been saved, or been promised them by
contract, is no small matter.

Almost all stocks were so unbelievably overpriced, it will be years
untill most companies achieve stock prices of 1999.

Some never will.

.... And that is good.
When others were selling, I kept on buying.

Lucky you, to have the money to buy with.

However, if you truly benefit from the Bush tax cuts, then you are in a
higher income bracket than probably anybody else here (possibly
excepting Oz1) and certainly well out of the working class.

... The recent recovery from the
lows of the past few years has more than accounted for the initial
Clinton Years Crash. It takes a religious person, i guess, to have my
kind of faith in the sectors I invest.

It takes a bonehead to blame Clinton for things he had no influence
over, and praise Bush for things he had no influence over, and to give
thanks to a group that is picking your pocket as fast as they can while
hollering a lot of hypocritical prayers.

"The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry."
- Richard Dawkins

Skill & knowledge are the first two requirements, and they don't cost
anything but time.

I work daily on these and others. I believe all around health is an
important factor, too.

Yep, health is important. And just as with finance, conscious choices
have a big impact. But also subject to unexpected and unexplanable losses.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King