Bobsprit

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

Power: Many long distance cruisers now carry nice laptops in addition to the
standard charts. These laptops can treat the cruiser to a movie now and again
with almost no power penalty.

A laptop is no TV. Yes, really.

It's not? Laptops can play movies just fine, thank you.

Television:
1 : an electronic system of transmitting transient images of fixed or moving
objects together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that
converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible
light rays and audible sound

Sounds like the Laptop and flat panel qualify! You're wrong again!

RB
Bobsprit

Sounds like the Laptop and flat panel qualify! You're wrong again!

With your logic a laptop is also a plane, ship and locomotive...

Who's logic? The laptop is also a TV. Period.

RB

Bobsprit

You could at least point out that a tuner for a computer is roughly $100.

I didn't bother because I think the ideal use is to carry a small library of
movies on DVD, which takes up next to no room.
Do you actually watch broadcast TV on the Cat, Jeff?

RB
Jeff Morris

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

I didn't bother because I think the ideal use is to carry a small library of
movies on DVD, which takes up next to no room.
Do you actually watch broadcast TV on the Cat, Jeff?

Sure, what's wrong with broadcast? Remember, we usually go out for 2 or 3
weeks at a time; we spend more than half of the summer living on board. New
England has the best TV weather reports in the country, and that alone makes it
worth having. Plus, the odd news or sports event, etc - there's nothing wrong
with staying in touch. Actually, the TV/VCR probably got more use for movies,
but we now have a little DVD player that will replace that.

It very common for 9 to 5ers to think that boating requires "vacating" the
normal routine. When you're retired, its just living aboard part of the time.
And besides, giving up the internet is a lot harder fro me than giving up TV.

-jeff

Bobsprit

You pick up broadcasts from the middle of the ocean? WOW!

Gayanzy thinks a TV won't work with DVDs.

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Capt. Mooron

Bob thinks he needs a 36 inch color set on a passage.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| You pick up broadcasts from the middle of the ocean? WOW!
|

| Gayanzy thinks a TV won't work with DVDs.
|
| Bwahahahaha!
|
| RB

Flying Flags -- Properly anchorlt Cruising 14 June 16th 04 03:41 AM
Logo contest! Skip Gundlach Cruising 25 June 1st 04 08:56 PM
( OT ) WHY DID ASHCROFT STOP FLYING COMMERCIAL AIRLINES PRIOR TO 9/11? Jim General 0 April 13th 04 05:22 PM
FS: Flying Scot sn#2931 1077 in Cincinnati,OH RLSparks Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 05:00 PM
Flying for the NWS JaxAshby ASA 4 August 15th 03 10:12 PM