Bobsprit

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

You mean 'Ouch, it hurts when I'm made to look like an idiot,

Even FURTHER off topic, Martin. Do you agree with Remco that long range
cruisers never carry TVs or that they can't function on a long distance cruise?

Hmmmm?

RB
Jonathan Ganz

No. We've suggested that you're the idiot. YOU WIN!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
It's been suggested by a few idiots that a TV had now place on a modern

crusing
boat. Now I'm no long range cruiser, but facts are facts!

Have you ever heard of lots of unnecessary crap... apparently you like it.

Space: Have you guys ever heard of "flat screen TV?" Uses little power and
takes up even less space.
Safety: A properly mounted TV won't fly around in bad weather or a

knockdown.

So now you have a TV and a laptop. Wow, you're a pretty busy guy down below
there. How about doing some sailing.

Power: Many long distance cruisers now carry nice laptops in addition to

the
standard charts. These laptops can treat the cruiser to a movie now and

again
with almost no power penalty.

The fact is that you're a no-brainer and you can entertain yourself.

The fact is that TV has become a no-brainer for easy entertainment on many

cruising boat, espcially in recent years with flat panel displays. Anyone

who
says otherwise is living in the past and hasn't read websites showing

today's
cruisers and what they carry. Books, music? Of course! But a TV can be a

great
treat for those aboard and doesn't need to stay home anymore.

Wake up, get out of your apartment, and do some serious sailing. Then, get
back
to us (or not).

Wake up and smell the 80's, kids. They've ended...long ago!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

Jonathan Ganz

You pick up broadcasts from the middle of the ocean? WOW! Don't forget
your satelite phone and your credit card.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Sounds like the Laptop and flat panel qualify! You're wrong again!

With your logic a laptop is also a plane, ship and locomotive...

Who's logic? The laptop is also a TV. Period.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Maybe he identifies with "her."

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

Real cruiser: anchored for the night, sitting in the cockpit, enjoying the
nice warm breeze, sipping rum & coke, watching a spectacular sunset.

boob****: tied up in his slip, watching ''The Crying Game'' movie for the
umpteenth time.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Jonathan Ganz

No. He's just the king of idiots.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
such venom

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Real cruiser: anchored for the night, sitting in the cockpit, enjoying

the
nice warm breeze, sipping rum & coke, watching a spectacular sunset.

Rum and coke??? What a fag you are, Scotty! After the sun goes down,

what
will
you and Gayanzy do next?

Bwahahahaha!

RB

Bobsprit

You pick up broadcasts from the middle of the ocean? WOW!

Gayanzy thinks a TV won't work with DVDs.

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Capt. Mooron

Bob thinks he needs a 36 inch color set on a passage.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| You pick up broadcasts from the middle of the ocean? WOW!
|

| Gayanzy thinks a TV won't work with DVDs.
|
| Bwahahahaha!
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| You mean 'Ouch, it hurts when I'm made to look like an idiot,
|
| Even FURTHER off topic, Martin. Do you agree with Remco that long range
| cruisers never carry TVs or that they can't function on a long distance
cruise?

| Hmmmm?

That's correct Bob... long range cruising sailboats don't generally carry a
friggin TV. I've been on enough of them to ascertain that! Coastal sailors
do carry TV's. I doubt you would see a TV on a boat that wasn't big enough
to carry an electric dishwasher as well.

I use my laptop to "screen" DVD movies for the kids so we adults can enjoy
an evening of drinking in peace. Walking with Dinosaurs is a big favourite
with the young folk.

CM

Capt. Mooron

wrote in message

| I'll bet Neal has a TV!

Nope... he don't!

CM

John Cairns

Hell, Jon, if Boob had done ANY long distance blue water sailing he would
realize two very important facts. 1. When you're underway, there is very
little extra time for leisure activities like watching movies. Think of how
much time is available on a typical off-watch. 2. When you arrive at your
destination, there are usually more interesting or important things to do
than sit around watching movies. I think Boob has some strange ideas about
what life at SEA is about, these ideas have been reinforced by the crap he's
seen at boat shows. About the only statement he made that had any basis in
reality was:
"Now I'm no long range cruiser"
I would add, he's no short distance cruiser either.
John Cairns

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Flying Flags -- Properly anchorlt Cruising 14 June 16th 04 03:41 AM
Logo contest! Skip Gundlach Cruising 25 June 1st 04 08:56 PM
( OT ) WHY DID ASHCROFT STOP FLYING COMMERCIAL AIRLINES PRIOR TO 9/11? Jim General 0 April 13th 04 05:22 PM
FS: Flying Scot sn#2931 1077 in Cincinnati,OH RLSparks Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 05:00 PM
Flying for the NWS JaxAshby ASA 4 August 15th 03 10:12 PM