Capt. Mooron

Default COLREGS- Mooron Style

So I'm sailing along on Yellowknife Bay a few years ago. It's a beautiful
day and a nice steady but light breeze. We're soaking in the sun and
slogging back our favourite brew in the cockpit doing about 4.5 knots. We
weren't in a hurry and it was hot out.

Along comes a buddy of mine... one of my bosses from work in his Kayak. He's
taunting us about how he can go faster than we can. I point out that he
can't do it while drinking beer.... but he indicates the beer holder sling
around his neck. So we all laugh! Then he says he thinks he'll pull a
doughnut around my boat. No Way! says I! No friggin' way will a tree huggin'
kayaker doughnut my boat. He says there isn't much I can do about it and
proceeds to paddle to my bow to cross. I trim in in the sails just as he's
across the bow and surge ahead! I hit him just aft of the kayak cockpit and
the back end of his kayak goes down hard.... his bow is pointing to the sky
when the kayak's buoyancy takes over and shoots him out of the water like a
friggin missile!! He lands with his bow down and flips. We were all in tears
of laughter watching him struggle to attempt an Eskimo roll. He finally
bailed and we came about and pulled him out of the water! When he asked why
I ran him over I pointed to _his_boss who was aboard and said... just
following orders! I got him dried off and refreshed his beer. No crying no
wailing no sooky, sooky nonsense.

I wonder how many of your girly COLREGS I broke that time! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

CM

Bobsprit

A really dumb person.

RB

"MC" wrote in message
A really dumb story.

Cheers

Capt. Mooron wrote:

[...]

Scott Vernon

But you read it, didn't you?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
link.net...
A really dumb person.

RB

"MC" wrote in message
A really dumb story.

Capt. Mooron

That he did! ....and I bet he liked it!

Bob wishes he could be more like me.... you know.... muscular, talented,
witty, charming, courageous and knowledgeable! :-)

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| But you read it, didn't you?
|

| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| link.net...
| A really dumb person.
|
| RB
|
| "MC" wrote in message
| A really dumb story.

Jonathan Ganz

Nah, he just wishes he wasn't a fat blob with no life.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
That he did! ....and I bet he liked it!

Bob wishes he could be more like me.... you know.... muscular, talented,
witty, charming, courageous and knowledgeable! :-)

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| But you read it, didn't you?
|

| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| link.net...
| A really dumb person.
|
| RB
|
| "MC" wrote in message
| A really dumb story.

Capt. Mooron

I take it you are referring to the kayaker? He still talks about the
incident and brags about being run down by a rogue sailboat at the bar to
this day.

I'll be having a few beers with him in April when I visit Yellowknife....
I'll pass on your reference to him.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
link.net...
| A really dumb person.
|
| RB
|
| "MC" wrote in message
| A really dumb story.
|
| Cheers
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
|
| So I'm sailing along on Yellowknife Bay a few years ago. It's a
| beautiful
| day and a nice steady but light breeze. We're soaking in the sun and
| slogging back our favourite brew in the cockpit doing about 4.5 knots.
| We
| weren't in a hurry and it was hot out.
|
| Along comes a buddy of mine... one of my bosses from work in his
Kayak.
| He's
| taunting us about how he can go faster than we can. I point out that
he
| can't do it while drinking beer.... but he indicates the beer holder
| sling
| around his neck. So we all laugh! Then he says he thinks he'll pull a
| doughnut around my boat. No Way! says I! No friggin' way will a tree
| huggin'
| kayaker doughnut my boat. He says there isn't much I can do about it
and
| proceeds to paddle to my bow to cross. I trim in in the sails just as
| he's
| across the bow and surge ahead! I hit him just aft of the kayak
cockpit
| and
| the back end of his kayak goes down hard.... his bow is pointing to
the
| sky
| when the kayak's buoyancy takes over and shoots him out of the water
| like a
| friggin missile!! He lands with his bow down and flips. We were all in
| tears
| of laughter watching him struggle to attempt an Eskimo roll. He
finally
| bailed and we came about and pulled him out of the water! When he
asked
| why
| I ran him over I pointed to _his_boss who was aboard and said... just
| following orders! I got him dried off and refreshed his beer. No
crying
| no
| wailing no sooky, sooky nonsense.
|
| I wonder how many of your girly COLREGS I broke that time! Ha Ha Ha
Ha!

| CM

Capt. Mooron

I'm truly sorry you didn't like it MC... was it the lack of compassion or
lack of gun play that was the deciding factor?

CM

"MC" wrote in message
| A really dumb story.
|
| Cheers
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
|
| So I'm sailing along on Yellowknife Bay a few years ago. It's a
beautiful
| day and a nice steady but light breeze. We're soaking in the sun and
| slogging back our favourite brew in the cockpit doing about 4.5 knots.
We
| weren't in a hurry and it was hot out.
|
| Along comes a buddy of mine... one of my bosses from work in his Kayak.
He's
| taunting us about how he can go faster than we can. I point out that he
| can't do it while drinking beer.... but he indicates the beer holder
sling
| around his neck. So we all laugh! Then he says he thinks he'll pull a
| doughnut around my boat. No Way! says I! No friggin' way will a tree
huggin'
| kayaker doughnut my boat. He says there isn't much I can do about it and
| proceeds to paddle to my bow to cross. I trim in in the sails just as
he's
| across the bow and surge ahead! I hit him just aft of the kayak cockpit
and
| the back end of his kayak goes down hard.... his bow is pointing to the
sky
| when the kayak's buoyancy takes over and shoots him out of the water
like a
| friggin missile!! He lands with his bow down and flips. We were all in
tears
| of laughter watching him struggle to attempt an Eskimo roll. He finally
| bailed and we came about and pulled him out of the water! When he asked
why
| I ran him over I pointed to _his_boss who was aboard and said... just
| following orders! I got him dried off and refreshed his beer. No crying
no
| wailing no sooky, sooky nonsense.
|
| I wonder how many of your girly COLREGS I broke that time! Ha Ha Ha Ha!
|
| CM

MC

The lack of neurons at the wheel actually.

Cheers