MC

Default Mast Rake and Mast Bend

DSK wrote:

MC wrote:

..... I don't understand why you posted
pictures
of your sailing with such bad sail trim!

??? which picture is that, MC?

AFAIK I have posted many pictures, some with not particularly good sail trim as we
are just casually daysailing, and other pictures where sail trim is pretty good.

In no case have I posted pictures of one of my boats sailing, claimed that the sail
trim was perfect, and then had a hissy fit when several better sailors pointed out
the flaws. You've done this twice.

Good lord, you do have a mental problem don't you?

Why not impress us by posting a
reference
to one of your winds against a world class fleet?

Actually, I've posted lnks to my race results several times. You probably weren't
paying attention, seems to be how you go through life without learning much.

Well I may have missed it but I'm ready to be impressed now. Post the
reference.

Anyway, stop evading, answer the question or say you don't know the answer!

How can I know the answer when I don't know the question? You answer this question
first: WTF are you babbling about?

You can't even remember a question posted just a few hours ago in this
very thread? I think you need medical help.

Cheers

MC

Donal wrote:

I found Doug's post quite informative, and I appreciated the effort that he
put into making it easy to understand. Perhaps you found it a bit
difficult, and reacted by hitting out????

Hey Donal, can you adjust your mast in it's partners -or is it through
bolted?

Cheers MC

Donal

"MC" wrote in message

Donal wrote:

I found Doug's post quite informative, and I appreciated the effort that

he
put into making it easy to understand. Perhaps you found it a bit
difficult, and reacted by hitting out????

Hey Donal, can you adjust your mast in it's partners -or is it through
bolted?

Sorry, that was too complicated for me.

Can you put the question in terms that I can understand?

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

I found Doug's post quite informative,

I'll BET you did! Next up for donal, a lesson in basic sail trim!

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB
Horvath

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:18:40 -0500, DSK wrote
this crap:

Now explain to us exactly how increased rake causes a deterioration in
downwind performance and what can be done to offset this, (without removing
the rake). No google.

I know, I know!! Mount an anchor on the companionway hatch cover!

This has been proven to increase downwind speed every time, regardless of mast
rake!

Actually, we open our cabintop hatch and our bow hatch straight up, to
grab more wind while going downwind.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Bobsprit

Sorry, that was too complicated for me.

Can you put the question in terms that I can understand?

He aint kidden neither!

RB

MC

You know where the mast goes through the deck? Is it fixed in the metal
ring perhaps with a big bolt? It's just that if you were interested in
altering rake my adjustments at deck level it would be impossible with a
bolted partner... Instead you would have to alter rake at the mast foot
and that is also impossible on many boats as the foot casing is welded
or bonded to a ring frame.

Cheers

Donal wrote:

"MC" wrote in message

Donal wrote:

I found Doug's post quite informative, and I appreciated the effort that

he

put into making it easy to understand. Perhaps you found it a bit
difficult, and reacted by hitting out????

Hey Donal, can you adjust your mast in it's partners -or is it through
bolted?

Sorry, that was too complicated for me.

Can you put the question in terms that I can understand?

Regards

Donal

MC

Bobsprit wrote:

I found Doug's post quite informative,

I'll BET you did! Next up for donal, a lesson in basic sail trim!

From Doug who doesn't think mast curvature always alters sail shape?

Cheers MC

MC

Horvath wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:18:40 -0500, DSK wrote
this crap:

Now explain to us exactly how increased rake causes a deterioration in
downwind performance and what can be done to offset this, (without removing
the rake). No google.

I know, I know!! Mount an anchor on the companionway hatch cover!

This has been proven to increase downwind speed every time, regardless of mast
rake!

Actually, we open our cabintop hatch and our bow hatch straight up, to
grab more wind while going downwind.

Do you make the crew stand up too? We do that in NZ.

Cheers

mast -rake part -2 marklan General 1 May 13th 04 03:15 PM
mast -rake marklan General 1 May 13th 04 01:24 PM