Simple Simon

Default Professional Courtesy and Respect

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Hear ye, all my fellow
USCG licensed Masters.

This is to notify Misters Shen44, otnmbrd, Jeff Morris,
Rick, Joe, Schoonertrash, Fulmor and any other of my
fellow Masters who might be reading this announcement
that I am in possession of my renewed U.S. Merchant
Marine Officer license issued on 11 December, 2003.

For those who disrespect and disbelieve the number
on the document is 1045941. Expiration date is Dec.
11, 2008.

I wish to remind all those who claimed it would take
months to renew my license and possibly longer, I
wish to further remind those who claimed I was
incapable of submitting all paperwork in order and
I wish to remind all those who claimed the Coast
Guard was slow and inefficient that they were
wrong as usual.

The Coast Guard does a fine job and treats with
professional courtesy and respect those who
treat them the same.

Please note that it took less than a month between
the time I submitted my paperwork until I received
the renewed license document. This is probably due,
in part, because I treated the Officer in Charge of
Marine Inspection with courtesy and respect by
submitting my papers with everything in order and
no nits to pick. I made his job even easier by living
an exemplary life where any background checks
revealed a model citizen.

Merry Christmas to one and all from:

Capt. Neal
Master of Motor Vessels, Near Coastal
Operator Uninspected Passenger Vessels

JN

Default And ???????

Now you're qualified to take me for an evening sail next summer when I spend
my annual week in the Keys and serve me a glass of wine when I demand it,
serve me a snack when I want it, and in general put up with all my garbage
because I won't give a tip if you don't ?????

Huh, cappy wappy? Is that what your paper gives you permission to do? Huh?

Jeff Morris

Congratulations. I guess nobody in the office (you use New Orleans?) reads this
group!

BTW, did they raise your tonnage limit? For the 50+ ton licenses, they usually
bump it up every renewal.

-jeff

Donal

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Hear ye, all my fellow
USCG licensed Masters.

This is to notify Misters Shen44, otnmbrd, Jeff Morris,
Rick, Joe, Schoonertrash, Fulmor and any other of my
fellow Masters who might be reading this announcement
that I am in possession of my renewed U.S. Merchant
Marine Officer license issued on 11 December, 2003.

Allow me to offer my congratulations!

How does your USCG Masters licence compare with the(Internationally
renowned) RYA Yachtmaster qualification?

Do I have to look *up* to you, or should I offer words of encouragement?

Regards

Donal

Donal

Oz1 wrote in message ...
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:37:04 -0000, "Donal"
scribbled thusly:

Allow me to offer my congratulations!

How does your USCG Masters licence compare with the(Internationally
renowned) RYA Yachtmaster qualification?

Do I have to look *up* to you, or should I offer words of encouragement?

Offer encouragement, his licence requires no examination of practical
skills NOR sailing!

It's a cruel world! ........ A beginner like me can look down on an expert
like the great Capt. Neal!

Regards

Donal

Simple Simon

Thank you. I think the U.S.C.G licenses rely more
on 'book' knowledge and less on a practical exam
as there is no practical exam at all out on a boat.

I would say the U.S.C.G. license is more geared
towards motor vessels and a master's responsibility
in regards to that. Safety of life at sea is a very
high priority. Being a Merchant Marine Officer
is not like being a sailing yachtsman at all.

While a sailing yachtsman is generally a better
seaman by virtue if his intimacy with the sea, the
Merchant Marine Officer is better versed in
the rules and regulations concerning running a
commercial ship and carrying passengers for
hire.

S.Simon

"Donal" wrote in message ...

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Hear ye, all my fellow
USCG licensed Masters.

This is to notify Misters Shen44, otnmbrd, Jeff Morris,
Rick, Joe, Schoonertrash, Fulmor and any other of my
fellow Masters who might be reading this announcement
that I am in possession of my renewed U.S. Merchant
Marine Officer license issued on 11 December, 2003.

Allow me to offer my congratulations!

How does your USCG Masters licence compare with the(Internationally
renowned) RYA Yachtmaster qualification?

Do I have to look *up* to you, or should I offer words of encouragement?

Regards

Donal

Simple Simon

"JN" wrote in message ...
Now you're qualified to take me for an evening sail next summer when I spend
my annual week in the Keys and serve me a glass of wine when I demand it,
serve me a snack when I want it, and in general put up with all my garbage
because I won't give a tip if you don't ?????

Huh, cappy wappy? Is that what your paper gives you permission to do? Huh?

Here, folks, is an example of jealousy and lack of respect.
JN is no gentleman.

S.Simon

Simple Simon

Oz1 wrote in message ...

Nah, he can take you for a motor...no sail endorsment :-)

You had better read up, little one, as you are
wrong. I need no sail endorsement to take
paying passengers out for a sail in my
blue water voyager, "Cut the Mustard".

Please consider the fact that my Coronado
is an uninspected passenger vessel and I am
a licensed Operator of Uninspected Passenger
Vessels as well as being a Master of inspected
passenger vessels.

Poor Oz- bitter and discourteous as well as
demonstrably ignorant. Tsk, tsk!

S.Simon

Shen44

Subject: Professional Courtesy and Respect
From: "Simple Simon"
Date: 12/22/2003 13:42 Pacific Standard Time
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Hear ye, all my fellow
USCG licensed Masters.

Sorry Neal, you're just a licensed boat operator. The wording on the license is
USCG BS, cause they don't know no better....and before you try it...what could
I possibly be jealous of.....

This is to notify Misters Shen44, otnmbrd, Jeff Morris,
Rick, Joe, Schoonertrash, Fulmor and any other of my
fellow Masters who might be reading this announcement
that I am in possession of my renewed U.S. Merchant
Marine Officer license issued on 11 December, 2003.

I'm not a "fellow Master". You're a boat operator, period.

For those who disrespect and disbelieve the number
on the document is 1045941. Expiration date is Dec.
11, 2008.

I wish to remind all those who claimed it would take
months to renew my license and possibly longer, I
wish to further remind those who claimed I was
incapable of submitting all paperwork in order and
I wish to remind all those who claimed the Coast
Guard was slow and inefficient that they were
wrong as usual.

Not really, we forgot you were only dealing with a simple near coastal
operators license which requires no recertifications and minimal paperwork
...... you should have had it in 5 days, especially since you don't possess an
MMD which you also needed to renew.

The Coast Guard does a fine job and treats with
professional courtesy and respect those who
treat them the same.

That may be, but they have no business issuing licenses .... they're not
qualified, with the exception, possibly, of your category license.

Please note that it took less than a month between
the time I submitted my paperwork until I received
the renewed license document. This is probably due,
in part, because I treated the Officer in Charge of
Marine Inspection with courtesy and respect by
submitting my papers with everything in order and
no nits to pick. I made his job even easier by living
an exemplary life where any background checks
revealed a model citizen.

You never talked with the OCMI, just one of his/her underlings.

Merry Christmas to one and all from:

Capt. Neal
Master of Motor Vessels of no more than 25 GT, Near Coastal
Operator Uninspected Passenger Vessels of no more than 6 passengers

You can't even get that right, so I corrected it for you.

Shen