Shen44

Default Professional Courtesy and Respect

Subject: Professional Courtesy and Respect
From: "Simple Simon"
Date: 12/22/2003 13:42 Pacific Standard Time
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Hear ye, all my fellow
USCG licensed Masters.

Sorry Neal, you're just a licensed boat operator. The wording on the license is
USCG BS, cause they don't know no better....and before you try it...what could
I possibly be jealous of.....

This is to notify Misters Shen44, otnmbrd, Jeff Morris,
Rick, Joe, Schoonertrash, Fulmor and any other of my
fellow Masters who might be reading this announcement
that I am in possession of my renewed U.S. Merchant
Marine Officer license issued on 11 December, 2003.

I'm not a "fellow Master". You're a boat operator, period.

For those who disrespect and disbelieve the number
on the document is 1045941. Expiration date is Dec.
11, 2008.

I wish to remind all those who claimed it would take
months to renew my license and possibly longer, I
wish to further remind those who claimed I was
incapable of submitting all paperwork in order and
I wish to remind all those who claimed the Coast
Guard was slow and inefficient that they were
wrong as usual.

Not really, we forgot you were only dealing with a simple near coastal
operators license which requires no recertifications and minimal paperwork
...... you should have had it in 5 days, especially since you don't possess an
MMD which you also needed to renew.

The Coast Guard does a fine job and treats with
professional courtesy and respect those who
treat them the same.

That may be, but they have no business issuing licenses .... they're not
qualified, with the exception, possibly, of your category license.

Please note that it took less than a month between
the time I submitted my paperwork until I received
the renewed license document. This is probably due,
in part, because I treated the Officer in Charge of
Marine Inspection with courtesy and respect by
submitting my papers with everything in order and
no nits to pick. I made his job even easier by living
an exemplary life where any background checks
revealed a model citizen.

You never talked with the OCMI, just one of his/her underlings.

Merry Christmas to one and all from:

Capt. Neal
Master of Motor Vessels of no more than 25 GT, Near Coastal
Operator Uninspected Passenger Vessels of no more than 6 passengers

You can't even get that right, so I corrected it for you.

Shen