Bobsprit

Default Credit where it's Due

I don't care if Bush went to Iraq for a PR plug or any other reason. I'm sure
it made those American's feel better on Thanksgiving day, so far from home and
families.

I don't like Bush or his politics, but unlike Neal I give credit when it's due.
Bravo to mister Bush for his generous trip.

Capt RB
Jonathan Ganz

I think it was the height of foolishness and bravado. Bush, despite the fact
that I despise him, has NO business putting his life at risk. Just like he
had
no business landing on the carrier. That was a gimic and set up. This was
just stupid. Despite the somewhat bad press he got right after 911, I think
his staying away from DC was the right thing to do. Sure, it made him look
like the little wimp he is, but that should be secondary to not dying.

Simple Simon

You're just ****ed because your man 'Gray Out' Davis is
out for the count. Beaten to a pulp by a pulp fiction
star. It doesn't get any more pathetic than that for
you liberal losers . . .

S.Simon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
I think it was the height of foolishness and bravado. Bush, despite the fact
that I despise him, has NO business putting his life at risk. Just like he
had
no business landing on the carrier. That was a gimic and set up. This was
just stupid. Despite the somewhat bad press he got right after 911, I think
his staying away from DC was the right thing to do. Sure, it made him look
like the little wimp he is, but that should be secondary to not dying.

Simple Simon

You're learning, at least. When one stands behind
a great man one tends to share in the greatness and
all the good it stands for. It's hard to understand
why a small vocal minority insists upon being on the
wrong side of every important issue. It's people
like that who define the term 'miserable pessimists".

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...

I don't care if Bush went to Iraq for a PR plug or any other reason. I'm sure
it made those American's feel better on Thanksgiving day, so far from home and
families.

I don't like Bush or his politics, but unlike Neal I give credit when it's due.
Bravo to mister Bush for his generous trip.

Capt RB

Jonathan Ganz

It certainly was pathetic. An action figure, who's major muscle
between his ears is the only one that seems to have atrified. I'm
still waiting for the Attorney General or some local prosecuter to
have him arrested for groping. It seems several of the cases are
still within the statue of limitations. Maybe he and Michael Jackson
will share a cell.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
[...]

Bobsprit

I think it was the height of foolishness and bravado. Bush, despite the fact
that I despise him, has NO business putting his life at risk.

Jonathan, you should know by now that I'm no fan of Bush. But I can see a
single act as being positive. Bush was not at risk. They took every precaution
and probably many we'll never know about. By suggesting that he put his life at
risk, you only amplify the nature of the act. I think all he risked, was
****ing off his family, but that also deserves credit.
It's fine to be anti-government, but less that productive to be anti-American.
Bush cheered up a lot of American troops yesterday.

RB

Bobsprit

I'm not trying to amplify it. If that's what I did, it was unintentional.
He's an idiot for doing it. Just because his protection is good, doesn't
make it perfect.

By that logic he should never fly. If there was any reasonable risk he wouldn't
have gone. The very fact that he went proves that. The man does very few
positive things, but I'm not so biased that I can't see it when it happens.
Since nothing bad happened and the troops were cheered, it was a "positive"
event.

RB