Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobsprit

Default The Fender Horror!

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/suzsails.jpg

Yes! Look at the above pic! Leaving Port Jeff and sailing for the Thimbles, we
NEVER removed two of the fenders. They remained on deck for 5 or 6 hours.
Several times we were passing by other boats who frantically gestured to us
about our death defying leap of fender faith, yet we still sailed onward in
building winds.
A low flying plane may have dipped his wings at us in a futile attempt to alert
us to our desperate dangererous lubberly act! We weren't just sailing on the
edge, tempting fate; we dared the devil himself to take us on, and STILL the
fenders remained on deck!
Then, sailing home the next day, we stowed the fenders. It was payback for our
death defying stunt, an appeasment to Neptune. We know our place.
Will we do it again? Perhaps. If a day, dark and weary, touches our souls we
may again throw sense and safety to our whims of daring do!

The Brave Captain RB

Fender locks - user friendly? Mitchell Gossman General 6 July 10th 04 04:57 AM
Horror story..Need advice on 175HP Merc with a couple scored cylinders. rgdavico General 4 July 3rd 04 06:29 PM
Fender slime/goo Almus Kenter General 4 October 15th 03 03:09 PM
Fender Stickers for your Boat Trailer Bill Cole General 4 September 12th 03 09:19 PM