Bobsprit

Default The Fender Horror!

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/suzsails.jpg

Yes! Look at the above pic! Leaving Port Jeff and sailing for the Thimbles, we
NEVER removed two of the fenders. They remained on deck for 5 or 6 hours.
Several times we were passing by other boats who frantically gestured to us
about our death defying leap of fender faith, yet we still sailed onward in
building winds.
A low flying plane may have dipped his wings at us in a futile attempt to alert
us to our desperate dangererous lubberly act! We weren't just sailing on the
edge, tempting fate; we dared the devil himself to take us on, and STILL the
fenders remained on deck!
Then, sailing home the next day, we stowed the fenders. It was payback for our
death defying stunt, an appeasment to Neptune. We know our place.
Will we do it again? Perhaps. If a day, dark and weary, touches our souls we
may again throw sense and safety to our whims of daring do!

The Brave Captain RB
Jonathan Ganz

You had two on the return? Looks like you've almost lost one in the pic.

DON'T DO IT AGAIN! YOU MIGHT DIE (now there's a thought) OR
INJURE SOMEONE ELSE. Can you imagine what would happen if a
fender ran into a lesser boat than a C&C 32????

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Scott Vernon

Default The Fender Hore!

he should have admitted he's a lazy slob in the beginning, now he's just
digging his hole deeper and deeper.

SV

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Bob - you are beginning to sound like my wife!

Let me explain.

From time to time, I pass comment on my wife's driving. I make useful
suggestions, such as, "The lights are red", or, "Don't stop - the lights are
green." or, "You should look where you're going when you are reversing." I
recently suggested that doing 50mph round a sharp bend at the top of a hill,
in a 30mph zone, was probably a bit dangerous. Like you, she proclaimed
that she knew what she was doing. In fact, she drove round that bend, at
that speed every day, without incident. Furthrermore, she informed me that
I was an idiot, and that I should shut up!

A couple of weeks ago, I was practising the piano in the playroom, when
there was a very loud bang. You guessed it! She reversed into the bloody
house - at SPEED! You see, she reverses around the side of the house every
day. She does this without incident. So why should she look?

Your attitude towards the fenders is exactly the same as my wife's attitude
towards driving.

She had 12 accidents in the first 18 months that she had her driving
license.

And, Yes, Katy. She knows that I say these dreadful things about her
driving. A couple of years ago, at a dinner party, I was regaling the
guests with tales of my wife's motoring escapades when she exploded(BTW she
really can explode!). She accused me of telling the same old boring
stories years after she had any accidents. -- The next morning, a bill for
£80 pounds arrived in the post, for a neighbours replacement bumper.

Regards

Donal
--

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

She had 12 accidents in the first 18 months that she had her driving
license.

My wife has been driving for 16 years and never had an accident. She drives a 6
speed expertly as do I.
I suggest you find a real woman, unless that's your role in the marriage!

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
She had 12 accidents in the first 18 months that she had her driving
license.

My wife has been driving for 16 years and never had an accident. She

drives a 6
speed expertly as do I.
I suggest you find a real woman, unless that's your role in the marriage!

I've got a real woman!! I would strongly suggest that you check your's
out - for signs of surgery. You don't have much time to spare if you want to
have children!

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

speed expertly as do I.
I suggest you find a real woman, unless that's your role in the marriage!

I've got a real woman!!

Real women can drive a stick. Yours can't without injury.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
speed expertly as do I.
I suggest you find a real woman, unless that's your role in the

marriage!

I've got a real woman!!

Real women can drive a stick. Yours can't without injury.

Sorry! What's a "stick"?

Regards

Donal

Jonathan Ganz

Ummm... I think that's the whole point. You being small in that area that
is.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
speed expertly as do I.
I suggest you find a real woman, unless that's your role in the

marriage!

I've got a real woman!!

Real women can drive a stick. Yours can't without injury.

RB

Fender locks - user friendly? Mitchell Gossman General 6 July 10th 04 04:57 AM
Horror story..Need advice on 175HP Merc with a couple scored cylinders. rgdavico General 4 July 3rd 04 06:29 PM
Fender slime/goo Almus Kenter General 4 October 15th 03 03:09 PM
Fender Stickers for your Boat Trailer Bill Cole General 4 September 12th 03 09:19 PM