Jonathan Ganz

Default Spot the mistakes

And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,
which is unseamanlike. quod erat demonstrandum

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I don't have to prove anything. It's a fact.

It's not a fact. It's something someone told you. You can't prove it or

even
explain by example. A fender in calm conditions over a two hour sail is

lazy,
but that's all.

RB

Bobsprit

And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,

Lazy in no way means uprapared. Look it up. Nothing "wrong" o "dangerous" with
the fender on deck during a short sail in calm weather.

RB
Simple Simon

The fender on the side deck is most certainly dangerous
fore any length of sail even from tied up to your dock to
aground on the nearest rock.

It is also wrong to allow it to stay there for any length
of time. A fender's place is hanging off the topsides.
It should be stowed straight away the minute you
clear the dock.

You are no sailor and that's plain. Your slovenly
habits will get you injured or killed. You will
NEVER see such absurd sights aboard "Cut the Mustard"
while we are underway. Just check out my website and
notice there is NOTHING lubberly to be seen in any
of the underway pics.

S.Simon World Famous Website

"Knobspittle" wrote in message ...
And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,

Lazy in no way means uprapared. Look it up. Nothing "wrong" o "dangerous" with
the fender on deck during a short sail in calm weather.

RB

Jeff Morris

I've sailed for years with fenders on deck. I admit its not proper for passages
or racing, but stuffing grubby fenders in a deck locker only to pull them out a
few hours later is ludicrous. Our cat has 5 fenders on the dock side (we don't
have the luxury of a single loaded slip) and the narrow deck where they get
stuffed is not appropriate for walking anyways. Since we have netting, they are
securely held there.

Leaving fenders hanging over the side is quite lubberly, however. We endeavor
to flip them inboard before clearing the marina.

-jeff www.sv-loki.com
"I like sailing because it is the sport which demands the least energy" Albert
Einstein

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,

Lazy in no way means uprapared. Look it up. Nothing "wrong" o "dangerous" with
the fender on deck during a short sail in calm weather.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

I don't have to look it up. *You* have to look up what is appropriate
and what isn't on a sailboat underway. Fenders on deck are *NOT*
appropriate, whether the sail be 2 hours or two days.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,

Lazy in no way means uprapared. Look it up. Nothing "wrong" o "dangerous"

with
the fender on deck during a short sail in calm weather.

RB

Ozzy's Oz Moh sis

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I've sailed for years with fenders on deck. I admit its not proper for

passages
or racing, but stuffing grubby fenders in a deck locker only to pull them

out a
few hours later is ludicrous. Our cat has 5 fenders on the dock side (we

don't
have the luxury of a single loaded slip) and the narrow deck where they

get
stuffed is not appropriate for walking anyways. Since we have netting,

they are
securely held there.

Leaving fenders hanging over the side is quite lubberly, however. We

endeavor
to flip them inboard before clearing the marina.

Well! There you go.

Jeff knows as much about good seamanship as Bobsprit.

I'll change my sig to "Mr. Gullible".

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

*You* have to look up what is appropriate
and what isn't on a sailboat underway. Fenders on deck are *NOT*
appropriate, whether the sail be 2 hours or two days.

Says who? It's our boat. We operate it our way. No injuries or falls over
fenders in 8 years of sailing 3 boats.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

No argument there. If you want to operate a vessel unsafely,
as long as I'm nowhere near you, I don't have a problem
with it.

By the by, you seem to think that the past is some guarantee
of the future. You'd be wrong.