Scott Vernon

Default Spot the mistakes

He's not just lazy, he's stupid too.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,
which is unseamanlike. quod erat demonstrandum

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I don't have to prove anything. It's a fact.

It's not a fact. It's something someone told you. You can't prove it or

even
explain by example. A fender in calm conditions over a two hour sail is

lazy,
but that's all.

RB

Scott Vernon

a quote from Chapmans; ''leaving a fender hanging from the lifeline while
sailing is the sign of a forgetful captain and crew, however, having a
fender on deck where a crewmember could trip on it (and it will happen) is
just plain lazy, stupid, and very unseaman like''.

SV

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
I don't have to look it up. *You* have to look up what is appropriate
and what isn't on a sailboat underway. Fenders on deck are *NOT*
appropriate, whether the sail be 2 hours or two days.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
And, lazy means unprepared, which is another way of saying wrong,

Lazy in no way means uprapared. Look it up. Nothing "wrong" o

"dangerous"
with
the fender on deck during a short sail in calm weather.

RB

Bobsprit

By the by, you seem to think that the past is some guarantee
of the future. You'd be wrong.

Nope, I'd be be eventually correct and previously certain.

RB

The_navigator©

Don't you hate that crowding sensation where your options to manouver
get smaller and smaller...?

Cheers MC

Donals Dilema wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:36:34 +1300, The_navigator©
wrote:

I knew it.

Cheers MC

I've felt like leaving fenders over the side in some of the races I've
sailed.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Jonathan Ganz

During a Fleet Week a few years ago, we were sailing a C&C40. Well,
actually, we were just sitting there on the hook near Alcatraz... no mean
feat btw... anyway, we were run into 4 times by 4 different boats.. not
hard mind you, but after the first 2, we got out the fenders.

wrote:

I knew it.

Cheers MC

I've felt like leaving fenders over the side in some of the races I've
sailed.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Bobsprit

In whatever model of twisted logic you're using,

Previously yes.

RB
Bobsprit

You should have laid some moorings around so the could grab em.

Who needs moorings? My decks are littered with fenders.

"Return my fenders, address unknown...."

RB