Bobsprit

Default NIght Vision Test

Late last night I had another chance to test the Night Owl Generation 1 night
vision scope, this time on the water. We moved a Ericson 32 to a mooring at
Fort Totten. Last night was very dark and the two moorings were hard to see.
With the night vision I could see EVERYTHING. Even shore detail beyond the
scope's claimed range was visible. I suggest everyone get one of these little
scopes. Typcially under $200 and about 100 times better than good binocs at
night. One day soon I'll have to treat myself to generation 3 or 4s.

Capt RB
Bobsprit

scopes. Typcially under $200 and about 100 times better than good binocs at
night. One day soon I'll have to treat myself to generation 3 or 4s.

Capt RB

Which exact model?

It's a very inexpensive Night Owl monocular Cyclops NOCC3. There is also a
floating model, but the fellow at B&H felt that it wasn't really waterproof.
NOCC3 is 170 bucks at B&H. It comes with a fabric case, camera adapter and a
free 10x47 daytime minocular. I also tested the more expensive NOCX3M. We
couldn't see a difference.
The NOCC3 looks like this:
http://images.etronics.com/products/nocc3.jpg

RB
Bobsprit

night. One day soon I'll have to treat myself to generation 3 or 4s.

Capt RB

Which exact model?

And if price is no object, a pair of gen 3 or 4's will give a brighter more
detailed image that is less stress on the eyes as well.

Simple Simon

Generation one??? What a loser you are Booby.

The Russians invented generation one scopes back
in the 1950s. That's how old and obsolete that
technology is. What a PUTZ you are for bragging
about such crummy old crap.

It's bad enough that you don't sail, let alone
sail at night so you attempt to compensate for
your ineptitude by wasting your money on gadgets
that you can leave lying around that might fool
other ignorant people into thinking they should
be impressed. Worse is how dumb you even thinking
any person with normal intelligence won't be able
to see how stupid and uninformed your purchase
was.

During my motorcycle racing days we used to have
a saying - "Got a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet".

In your case the saying is "Wife's got a cheap boat,
buy cheap instruments."

Loser!!!!!

S.Simon

S.Simon
"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
scopes. Typcially under $200 and about 100 times better than good binocs at
night. One day soon I'll have to treat myself to generation 3 or 4s.

Capt RB

Which exact model?

It's a very inexpensive Night Owl monocular Cyclops NOCC3. There is also a
floating model, but the fellow at B&H felt that it wasn't really waterproof.
NOCC3 is 170 bucks at B&H. It comes with a fabric case, camera adapter and a
free 10x47 daytime minocular. I also tested the more expensive NOCX3M. We
couldn't see a difference.
The NOCC3 looks like this:
http://images.etronics.com/products/nocc3.jpg

RB

Bobsprit

Walmart (of all places) has it for $149. Most of the other inexpensive NV units
seem to use 3 volt lithium batteries,

I agree 100% on the battery issue. B&H will match the price and you'll still
get the 10X46 minocular that comes free.
Looks like this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/l...ges/221040.jpg
Hey, it's free.The guy at B&H told me I had two weeks to bring it back if I
didn't think it was up to snuff.

RB

Bobsprit

I see they also have a lens "doubler" to increase the range to 5x for $35.
Probably not necessary.

The 3X seems fine, nice wide view. Remember (should you buy one) take the lens
cap off in bright light and it's ruined. The screw on cap has a pinhole in the
center, so you can look at everything in green in daylight!
Also interesting: when you power it down, it continues to work for a while. The
tube retains a charge. Overall hard to be dissapointed at the price.

RB
Bobsprit

In your case the saying is "Wife's got a cheap boat,
buy cheap instruments."

This from a loser who bought the cheapest sails he could find. Not that it
mattered. Your boat doesn't sail.

RB
Simple Simon

Cheap price doesn't necessarily mean cheap quality.

My sails were reasonably priced because they were
made in China where labor is very inexpensive. They
were made from American cloth with computer lofting.

They are better sails than what your wife has on her
C&C.

Now, when it comes to cheap and unserviceable, your
gen one night scope is certainly all that . . .

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
In your case the saying is "Wife's got a cheap boat,
buy cheap instruments."

This from a loser who bought the cheapest sails he could find. Not that it
mattered. Your boat doesn't sail.

RB

Bobsprit

Cheap price doesn't necessarily mean cheap quality.

I'm afraid that it does. Everyone here shot your wrinkled cheese cloth to hell.
Note: You have yet to post a pic showing a proper set on those bedsheets.
Why? Because you CAN'T.
Bottom line!

RB
SAIL LOCO

They were made from American cloth with computer lofting..

Never hear of "computer lofting" Might you mean computer broadseaming?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport