Bobsprit

Default Night Vision

One of my birthday presents was a Night Owl generation one night vision scope.
These are not expensive and work very well. Standing on the breakwater at City
island I could easily see moorings, and shore detail on hart island. A passing
boat was virtually invisible to the naked eye, but with the Night Owl I could
see it very well, even the two people on board.
I've used a very expensive Gen 3 Newcon and of course it's far superior. But
for the type of sailing most of us do this is a very useful little gadget and
loads of fun. My model is water resistant. Check one out! Typically under $250.

RB
The_navigator©

Hey Booby can you help me by getting a new Nicad battery for my Uniden
handheld VHF? It's a HH-940. I think the part number is 150-BP940.

I can't seem toi get hold of one here in NZ!

Bobsprit wrote:

One of my birthday presents was a Night Owl generation one night vision scope.
These are not expensive and work very well. Standing on the breakwater at City
island I could easily see moorings, and shore detail on hart island. A passing
boat was virtually invisible to the naked eye, but with the Night Owl I could
see it very well, even the two people on board.
I've used a very expensive Gen 3 Newcon and of course it's far superior. But
for the type of sailing most of us do this is a very useful little gadget and
loads of fun. My model is water resistant. Check one out! Typically under $250.

RB

Simple Simon

Who cares? You don't sail during the day and you don't
sail during the night time. You are a complete liar, asshole,
jerk, and wannabe loser who pretends to sail and who
brags about all manner of stuff real sailors have no
use for. You wore out your welcome around here a long
time ago and you are a liability to this group and to
sailing. You need to have a heart attack and die. I
am praying that you don't live to see your 42nd birthday.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...

One of my birthday presents was a Night Owl generation one night vision scope.
These are not expensive and work very well. Standing on the breakwater at City
island I could easily see moorings, and shore detail on hart island. A passing
boat was virtually invisible to the naked eye, but with the Night Owl I could
see it very well, even the two people on board.
I've used a very expensive Gen 3 Newcon and of course it's far superior. But
for the type of sailing most of us do this is a very useful little gadget and
loads of fun. My model is water resistant. Check one out! Typically under $250.

RB

Bobsprit

am praying that you don't live to see your 42nd birthday.

ya gotta feel bad for a guy who writes something like the above. Only Scotty is
Neal's match when it comes to having less than no class!

RB

Bobsprit

Hey Booby can you help me by getting a new Nicad battery for my Uniden
handheld VHF? It's a HH-940. I think the part number is 150-BP940.

Any of the USA West Marines (Www.westmarine.com) should be able to get one of
those for you. The BoatUS in Babylon Long Island also has a brand new HH-940
sealed NIB for 80 bucks, which may not be much more than the battery.

RB

Jeff Morris

unseal it.

It doesn't look any worse then the Apelco I rebuilt.

BTW, the Uniden service center in Texas sell them for about $35, shipping anywhere for $8.

Bobsprit wrote:

One of my birthday presents was a Night Owl generation one night vision scope.
These are not expensive and work very well. Standing on the breakwater at City
island I could easily see moorings, and shore detail on hart island. A passing
boat was virtually invisible to the naked eye, but with the Night Owl I could
see it very well, even the two people on board.
I've used a very expensive Gen 3 Newcon and of course it's far superior. But
for the type of sailing most of us do this is a very useful little gadget and
loads of fun. My model is water resistant. Check one out! Typically under $250.

RB

Bobsprit

Believe me, I looked hard at it. The break it open would destroy the
gasket seal onto the radio... have you got a URL for the Texas place?

I can get you the phone # for the BoatUS here, or I can even call them to make
sure before you spend on the call.
Or just contact Uniden.

RB

Night vision scope - I bought the $99 Harbor Freight unit Wally Cruising 1 July 23rd 04 09:44 PM
GPS and Night Vision Steve Electronics 0 February 12th 04 11:41 AM
Night vision monocular - cheap ones ?? Jed Cruising 46 December 29th 03 02:47 AM
Night vision scope Peter Janssen General 8 December 11th 03 03:52 PM