Bobsprit

Default Wake Up, Donal!

Beneteau just lost a class action suit against the guy in my yard. They will
take the 39 back and refund him the full cost of the boat, including the
repairs! Amazing! He sent an account of the story to Cruising World and BoatUS,
so maybe it'll get printed!
The entire suit was based on gel coat cracking and blistering in the 2nd
year!!!

Beneteau?

Bwahahahahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

This insane jealousy cannot be good for you!

Look at that! I woke him up!

Hoooh ahhh!

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Beneteau just lost a class action suit against the guy in my yard. They

will
take the 39 back and refund him the full cost of the boat, including the
repairs! Amazing! He sent an account of the story to Cruising World and

BoatUS,
so maybe it'll get printed!
The entire suit was based on gel coat cracking and blistering in the 2nd
year!!!

Beneteau?

Bob, you should keep from crowing too loudly until you have a better boat
than me.

This insane jealousy cannot be good for you! If you didn't compare your
boat to mine, you might be satisfied with Alien (despite her obvious
imperfections).

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
This insane jealousy cannot be good for you!

Look at that! I woke him up!

What did you wake me up for?

I hope it's important.

Donal

Bobsprit

How does replacing one boat qualify as a "class action suit"? I'm also
wondering whether there was a judgement by the courts, or a
settlement.

From what I've been told at the yard, blister problems have been huge for
Beneteau. So much so that a recent ad mentions them directly for glass related
issue. Beneteau is facing quite a bit of legal fire. I have no idea of how many
boats were involved.
True, Subaru has the occasional lemon, but Beneteau has been plagued for years.
8 years ago I was warned away from Beneteau by yards and surveyors. 8 years
later the problems persist.
Any blisters or gel problems on your C&C? Mine is even older and the glass
looks good. My Pearson was from 1976 and that glass looked good. Beneteau needs
to built better boats and not worry about huge ad campaigns.

RB

Bobsprit

Look at that! I woke him up!

What did you wake me up for?

You have a crappy boat!
See? I saved you life!

RB
Pony Express

According to "Jim" of the CandC list, most all of
the 29's had voids in the lay-up.
--
----
Steve

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
: Any blisters or gel problems on your C&C? Mine
is even older and the glass
: looks good. My Pearson was from 1976 and that
glass looked good. Beneteau needs
: to built better boats and not worry about huge
ad campaigns.
:
: RB

Jeff Morris

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
See? I saved you life!

"you my friend. I kill you for free."

Bobsprit

According to "Jim" of the CandC list, most all of
the 29's had voids in the lay-up.

According to the guy with the Beneteau, the whole boat is a void and Beneteau
approached him as though the warranty was also void!
Some company.

RB
Bobsprit

I have seen
boats of almost every brand with some sort of hull problems, whether
minor or major.

Mostly minor for most. But Beneteau's issues are just insane for such a big
builder. While they make no pretense about being low-end, they sure don't match
Catalina or even Hunter for quality. And that's a shame.

RB

Why Donal is Bitter Bobsprit ASA 0 November 3rd 03 07:46 PM
Lesson #2 for Donal Bobsprit ASA 2 August 7th 03 10:34 PM
Donal Screws the Pooch CANDChelp ASA 1 July 31st 03 05:09 AM
I'm Letting Donal off the Hook CANDChelp ASA 40 July 30th 03 12:05 PM
Donal Hates Your Boat The_navigator© ASA 37 July 20th 03 11:26 PM