Jeff Morris

Default Let's Compare!!!

"Apples to Apples"? You're using a company picture of an upscale 2003 J-boat and comparing it to a
owners pic of a 1984 Express!

RB didn't like the link I provided before - here's another. Not what I would call a cruising boat.
http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_de...d=1&back=%2Fli
sting%2Fcache%2Flisting_search_results.jsp%3FtoLen gth%3D30%26man%3DJ%2B%26psdistance%3D500%26searcht
ype%3Dbuy%26toYear%3D1990%26fromYear%3D1980%26from Length%3D30%26Search.y%3D0%26Search.x%3D0%26curren
cyid%3D100%26sm%3D3%26slim%3Dquick%26searchPage%3D %252Flisting%252Fcache%252Fquick_search.jsp%26luom
%3D126&showDL=false&showMD=false&clk_srclnk_detail ed_spec

--
-jeff

"JN" wrote in message . ..
Why not compare apples to apples? That is 30's to 30's, not 30's to 32'.

The Cabin of the Express 30...

http://www.express30.com/photos/images/DSCN1359.jpg

The J30 Interior....

http://www.jboats.com/j30/images/j30maincabaft.jpg

The Cabin of selected C&C 30's....

http://www.boats.com/listing/gallery...at_details.jsp
%3Fsearchtype%3Dbuy%26showDL%3Dfalse%26searchid%3D 1%26back%3Dsession%26showMD%3Dfalse%26entityid%3D1
0704441&pic=5

http://www.boats.com/listing/gallery...at_details.jsp
%3Fsearchtype%3Dbuy%26showDL%3Dfalse%26searchid%3D 1%26back%3Dsession%26showMD%3Dfalse%26entityid%3D1
0969341&pic=1

http://www.boats.com/listing/gallery...at_details.jsp
%3Fsearchtype%3Dbuy%26showDL%3Dfalse%26searchid%3D 1%26back%3Dsession%26showMD%3Dfalse%26entityid%3D1
0271811&pic=5

http://www.boats.com/listing/gallery...t_details.jsp%
3Fsearchtype%3Dbuy%26showDL%3Dfalse%26searchid%3D1 %2
6back%3Dsession%26showMD%3Dfalse%26entityid%3D9779 251&pic=2

Bobsprit

I'd rate the J30, Express30 and then way behind the C&C .... in that order
on those shots for inviting, safe, secure quarters.

Mooron, this is a very bad attempt. I'm only alerting you because you're a dear
friend.

RB
Bobsprit

And what's the Catalina Style? Half the 30 footers built have the U-shaped
galley.

The cheap look of it all, not the layout.

RB
Bobsprit

Boob**** we can all see thru your "comparison"

Anytime you want to show us your nice interior pics...anytime...
Doesn't matter what you post. Everyone will say it's fine, so why not post a
pic?

Hmmmm?

RB
Jeff Morris

Well if that's what you meant, the J has the cheapest look by far. I remember going on board on and
trying hard not to giggle.

I'm not saying they aren't well made, I've always had a lot of respect for Ev Pearson, but the early
J's had absolutely no pretense of being a comfortable cruising boat.

I've never been on and Express, and I gather neither have you, but from the pics of boats from the
same vintage the Express looks much better suited to cruising than the J.

--
-jeff

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
And what's the Catalina Style? Half the 30 footers built have the U-shaped
galley.

The cheap look of it all, not the layout.

RB

Bobsprit

Well if that's what you meant, the J has the cheapest look by far. I remember
going on board on and
trying hard not to giggle.

The pic I posted of the J30 interior is pretty much how my friends boats look,
except the 1979, which has been trashed from heavy racing. The others are post
83 boats. The comfort of the interior is very good, though I've not seen one
with those lighter woods (unless that's the pic.
Yes, I was aboard the Express 30 two seasons ago in Manhasset (Capri Yacht
Club). I found the interior small, certainly smaller than Express. Not
surprising since the J goes with a small cockpit to extend the cabin, making up
for it with a semi flush deck idea.
I understand your desire to side with Loco, but don't think for a minute it
will help him with his anger levels. He's been mad as a hatter since I got the
nice C&C and the 34XL will drive him to suicide!

Bwahhahahahahaha!

RB

RB
Jeff Morris

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...

I understand your desire to side with Loco, but don't think for a minute it
will help him with his anger levels.

I'm only on the side of truth and honesty.

And I'd probably go with a C&C over the Express. Remember, I had a Hinterhoeller built boat for 8
years, and my favorite monohull now is the Bruckman 48. (Bruckman was the other builder in the
C&C group.)

But the question is whether the early J30 is a better cruiser than an Express 30, and you've
presented no convincing evidence thus far.

Bobsprit

And I'd probably go with a C&C over the Express.

That does it. I'm trading up to an Express!

RB
Jonathan Ganz

A large interior is not a good idea for passagemaking
or long distance cruising, just for day sailing or charter.

You didn't compare helm station or cockpit in the photos
so no judgement can be rendered.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Seems like the passagemaking winner would be the C&C
(except that I'd get rid of the bs sitting in high spots).

The most open airy space would be the jboat.

The best compromise would be the express.

The C&C 32 has a bigger better interior than either, more space overall

and
still good performance. The C&C has a nicer helm station and cockpit, more
storage. For cruising it beats both the J and the Express hands down. It's

also
a better looking boat compared to either.
Airy space. The C&C wins that one too.
Unless you count the airy space between Loco's ears!

RB

Bobsprit

But the question is whether the early J30 is a better cruiser than an Express
30, and you've
presented no convincing evidence thus far.

Jeff, OF COURSE IT ISN'T. The J-30 is a fun boat with a reasonable interior,
but there's no place on deck to relax, a way-small cockpit and a motion that is
like being in a laundry dryer in anything but calm conditions. The Express has
a big cockpit and a wheel, along with a good cabin layout. In many respects it
IS a C&C 30 or 32, but with a far more serious bend towards racing. It's
impossible to bash one boat without bashing the other.
Sort of like the Baltic lover bashing Swans, except in a much poorer way!

RB