Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Capt. Mooron

Default Lift-Out 2003

It's done..... Overproof has been extracted and placed to her cradle in
Mahone Bay. Some friends came down from Yellowknife to help out. We spent
the night before lift-out aboard. A bit of sailing and then onto the mooring
for some real drinking. A great time was had by all... too much fun
actually. I had only left one battery on the boat and we used it up burning
lights and tunes into the wee hours. I rolled out of the bunk at 0730 and
the battery wouldn't turn over the engine to make the short run to shore on
a totally windless morning. I towed us in with the dory.... rowing despite
the pounding of a hang-over and we tied alongside the float dock then went
for coffee.

A 40 ton crane arrived and we worked through the rain to position cradles
and drop masts. We started at 1000 hours and finished at 1430 hours with a
total of 11 boats pulled. 8 masts stepped including mine. That's the
smallest crane that has ever lifted my boat. I usually use a minimum of an
80 ton to 140 ton crane for extractions. This 40 tonner was on the deck of a
3 ton truck.

I helped out everybody I could and had competent experienced help from
friends who also assisted all the newbies on their first lift-outs. It was a
great day and we made lots of new friends.

What a beautiful place to have your boat stored.... it's a pristine,
colourful, historic fishing village. They offer the best rates on the South
Shore. Only $200 to store for the season. Crane charges are divided by all
11 haul-outs and should be quite cheap at $150 an hour for the crane.

I went down there today and had coffee with some of the other boaters....
great talking sailing and trading info.

CM

OT--Amazing numbers NOYB General 66 December 10th 03 09:30 PM
Bush Quotes jps General 71 November 4th 03 03:30 AM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
2003 GAULEY RIVER RELEASE INFORMATION DL Luinstra General 0 August 31st 03 06:48 PM