Joe

Default Cheating Or Not?

"katysails" wrote in message ...
I could not beleive they set up the course so close to the
channel.

On both Muskegon and White Lake up here they set up the courses across
the channel on purpose to get the gain from the wind siphoning in or out
of the channel...it's very deliberate....

I do not have a problem with anyone racing in or across the channel.
What I do have a problem with is racers thinking they have the right
to control the channel, If they are going to race in a channel they
have to expect to share it and not to expect anyone to give way or cow
taw to them.

They can do as they please, but so will I.

Joe
MSV RedCloud
Donal

The Captains Nemesis wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:04:47 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

Still....Courtesy....Seems that when racing boats approach, courtesy
is that the non racing boats allow them free passage where possible.

Why?????

Because it's courteous to do so.

Racing boats obviously feel that "courtesy" demands that ordinary sailors
should give way.
I do both cruising AND racing. When cruising, I've noticed that racers
often don't offer their gratitude to a cruiser that doesn't give them
"enough" exemption from the Coll Regs.

Pommy Pricks!
Still do you demand that every time you extend a courtesy to someone
that they exhibit overwhelming gratitude?

A couple of years ago, I was on a friend's power boat. We were travelling
from Southampton to Portsmouth when we came upon a yacht race. The yachts
were spread out across the full width of the Solent. As we carefully went
through a gap, we were given a filthy look by the helmsman of the boat that
we had passed *behind*! Sod it! These idiots think that "racing" gives
them exclusive control of the water. It doesn't.

Regards

Donal

Donal

The Captains Nemesis wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:35:52 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

A couple of years ago, I was on a friend's power boat. We were

travelling
from Southampton to Portsmouth when we came upon a yacht race. The

yachts
were spread out across the full width of the Solent. As we carefully

went
through a gap, we were given a filthy look by the helmsman of the boat

that
we had passed *behind*! Sod it! These idiots think that "racing"

gives
them exclusive control of the water. It doesn't.

Ahhh so you base your whole concept on one incident?

No.... not at all.

That was only ONE example.

Maybe the helmsman was upset that you slowed and didn't give him a
wake to ride ;-)

No. He just didn't think that any other boats had the right to be on the
water while he was racing.

Oh and these idiots believe that a power boat should keep
clear....What are the minimums in the UK?

Some sailboats think that power boats should keep at least 1 mile away.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
Perhaps he didn't like the look of Cementa?

Cheers MC

"a friend's power boat"........

Regards

Donal

[...]

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
Why then are you surpised! I'd give you a dirty look too!

Why?

Regards

Donal

Donal