Scott Vernon

Default Simple envy

I also have the credit card bill for proof.

SV

wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:00:14 -0400, Martin Baxter

They then hit the print key, and Voila! A brand new
official receipt, printed on the original paper.

Wouldn't you have to bring in the "original" receipt for this to happen?

Nope. In fact, at Circuit City they often print out multiple copies at
time of purchase as well, so you can use one copy to send in for a
rebate, and hold on to the other. Most, if not all, major retail
chains have this capability. It's also handy if you need receipts to
support an insurance claim. If you know where something was bought,
you can get a duplicate receipt very easily.

BB

Simple Simon

wrote in message ...

This is easy enough to do with Photoshop, or any number of graphics editing
programs. Meanwhile a person with any BRAINS, would simply call Circuit City and
ask for a duplicate. They do it all the time. All Circuit City purchases are
kept in their computer system. They can find your receipt by your name, your
phone number, the brand and model number, the serial number - almost any shred
of information will do. They then hit the print key, and Voila! A brand new
official receipt, printed on the original paper.

Someone who was TRULY technically savvy would know that simple is better. You
non-technical types resort to Brain Surgery for a minor headache.

You moron, you!

Yah, right . . . like I've got the time to jump on my bike and ride up to
Cutler Ridge (Miami) about a hundred miles north of here just to pick
up a fresh copy of a reciept I already have in my possession. So, it's
faded out and hard to read. I adjusted contrast, saturation etc, using
photoshop so it can be read by the proof of purchase people at HP.
I sent it as a tiff because tifs give the best detail although they are
huge files. If HP doesn't think it's authetic then THEY are free to use
the transaction number to query Circuit City - snot my job, mon!

S.Simon - makes things simple for himself

Scott Vernon

Seems to me it's less work the way neal did it.

SV

wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:56:38 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

More technical ineptitude from the queen of luddites!

Anybody with even *slight* computer savvy would have emailed Circuit
City and asked them to email an electronic receipt. Either that, or if
you were only a semi-technical person, you could call them on the
telephone and ask them to mail you a copy.

Geez! What a technology impaired loser you are! I'm surprised you can
even ride a bicycle. Does it have training wheels?

BB

How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF Larry W4CSC Electronics 74 November 25th 03 03:45 AM
Simple solutions Parallax Cruising 5 October 31st 03 01:19 PM
uk.rec.boats.power, plain simple cheap fair Haron Imran al Batch UK Power Boats 1 October 11th 03 05:08 PM
No, No, No! It FLEW OVER THE PENTAGON was The Pentagon Fraud Explained In Simple Terms Bertie the Bunyip ASA 10 August 11th 03 11:35 AM