Simple Simon

Default Haggie, Steve, LOCO watch out.

The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif

Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is already
a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get something better
with the insurance money.

I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope so
because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
and seas.

S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
computer model.

Seahag

Yeah, I'm getting that feel in the pit of my stomach. With only one big
anchor I'm thinking about staying in the slip. Depends on the wind. Sure
hope it stays off shore tho.

Seahag

Simple Simon wrote in message
The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif

Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is already
a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get something better
with the insurance money.

I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope so
because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
and seas.

S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
computer model.

Simple Simon

The latest tracks from the major computer models have
it coming right up your little ole Bay. Only the UKMET
has it passing by and heading up to New York. I
happen to think the UKMET will be more correct
than the others in this case. I'm hoping it stays offshore
when it passes you guys so you get the weak side.
I want the eye to go right over Booby's dock and
I think it has a very good chance of doing so.

Here's the bad news from NOAA. But, don't
despair - Like I said I think NOAA is wrong this
time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/081203W5.gif

S.Simon

"Seahag" wrote in message ...
Yeah, I'm getting that feel in the pit of my stomach. With only one big
anchor I'm thinking about staying in the slip. Depends on the wind. Sure
hope it stays off shore tho.

Seahag

Simple Simon wrote in message
The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif

Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is already
a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get something better
with the insurance money.

I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope so
because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
and seas.

S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
computer model.

Seahag

It looks like it's gonna be ugly whatever happens. Without masts I'll have
less windage but I still have a lot to do this week. Of course Bill will be
out of town for the big event. I have 5 big pilings so I should be able to
tie her off pretty good, but I want to get some big spikes in so the lines
don't slip off the tops. I'm thinking to put a couple lines between the
pilings as well. I hate the waiting. Are you feeling any effects yet?

"Seahag" wrote in message

[...]

Simple Simon

No effects here and there probably won't be. She's too
far offshore and will not get much closer than she is now.
She's close to our latitude already (she's at about 24N and I'm at
about 25N) abut she's starting to head more towards the northwest
though at this time she's still tracking west/ northwest.

When you tie off all the lines leave as much slack as you can
without hitting the pilings because you could get a pretty
good storm surge right up the Bay. Try to determine if
she's going to make landfall at high tide or low tide. It
could make a significant difference in the way you want
to tie up.

People often make the mistake of tying off too high on
their pilings. This puts more strain on the pilings and
could break or bend over any weak ones. If it were
me I would tie the lines lower down with enough
slack to account for whatever rise in tide and or storm
surge was expected.

Good luck.

S.Simon

"Seahag" wrote in message

[...]

katysails

Haggie,
Get a LOT of rope and make a giant sling between all those pilings so =
your boat is hammocked...that way it can'ty float away anywhere....On a =
more realistic note, where are you and Scuppy going to go if it gets =
really wild? You have an inland hidey-hole? You can come here, but it's =
a bit far to check on the boat every day....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Seahag

Depending on what happens, I have a couple places to go: If the surge isn't
too bad,we (Peep. Scupper, several other singlehanders,
MC............! & I ) plan on camping in the boatyard office. I'll
move the Jeep to our office lot and park it under the 2ond. story. If it's
bad, I can go to a friend's house on high ground with the critters and leave
the Jeep at the library. If it's really bad I can load up the Jeep with the
critters and head west!

Seahag

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Capt. Mooron

You'll be okay Haggie.... sounds like you have a plan and it sounds good.
The spikes in the piles are a good idea. Hope you don't get a surge that
high. Cross the lines for maximum effect. The way this thing is moving it
could well blow itself out before it gets to you.

CM

"Seahag" wrote in message
| It looks like it's gonna be ugly whatever happens. Without masts I'll
have
| less windage but I still have a lot to do this week. Of course Bill will
be
| out of town for the big event. I have 5 big pilings so I should be able
| tie her off pretty good, but I want to get some big spikes in so the lines
| don't slip off the tops. I'm thinking to put a couple lines between the
| pilings as well. I hate the waiting. Are you feeling any effects yet?
|
| Seahag
|
| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The latest tracks from the major computer models have
| it coming right up your little ole Bay. Only the UKMET
| has it passing by and heading up to New York. I
| happen to think the UKMET will be more correct
| than the others in this case. I'm hoping it stays offshore
| when it passes you guys so you get the weak side.
| I want the eye to go right over Booby's dock and
| I think it has a very good chance of doing so.
|
| Here's the bad news from NOAA. But, don't
| despair - Like I said I think NOAA is wrong this
| time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/081203W5.gif

| S.Simon
|
| "Seahag" wrote in message
| Yeah, I'm getting that feel in the pit of my stomach. With only one
big
| anchor I'm thinking about staying in the slip. Depends on the wind.
| Sure
| hope it stays off shore tho.
|
| Seahag
|

| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.
|
| http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif
|
| Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
| lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is
already
| a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get something
| better
| with the insurance money.
|
| I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope so
| because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
| and seas.
|
| S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
| computer model.

Simple Simon

Don't get Haggie's hopes up!

Isabel's doing some normal fluctuations in strength and
is down to a cat three right now. However, once it
gets over the Gulf Stream where the water temps
are in the upper eighties it will strengthen up probably
to a cat 4 again. Also it looks like the upper lever
atmosphere conditions will become more favorable
as it closes in on the coast by Thursday. If it goes
where the official NOAA track shows it going, watch out!
It will probably be a strong cat 3 at landfall.

click here for official NOAA track

Haggie is in for a pounding from the dangerous quarter
and the storm surge will be very great with Easterly
winds piling the water up against the shore and
into the Bay. If she stays aboard she's in for a rough
ride.

S.Simon - the one and only

"Seahag" wrote in message
| It looks like it's gonna be ugly whatever happens. Without masts I'll
have
| less windage but I still have a lot to do this week. Of course Bill will
be
| out of town for the big event. I have 5 big pilings so I should be able
| tie her off pretty good, but I want to get some big spikes in so the lines
| don't slip off the tops. I'm thinking to put a couple lines between the
| pilings as well. I hate the waiting. Are you feeling any effects yet?
|
| Seahag
|
| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The latest tracks from the major computer models have
| it coming right up your little ole Bay. Only the UKMET
| has it passing by and heading up to New York. I
| happen to think the UKMET will be more correct
| than the others in this case. I'm hoping it stays offshore
| when it passes you guys so you get the weak side.
| I want the eye to go right over Booby's dock and
| I think it has a very good chance of doing so.
|
| Here's the bad news from NOAA. But, don't
| despair - Like I said I think NOAA is wrong this
| time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/081203W5.gif

| S.Simon
|
| "Seahag" wrote in message
| Yeah, I'm getting that feel in the pit of my stomach. With only one
big
| anchor I'm thinking about staying in the slip. Depends on the wind.
| Sure
| hope it stays off shore tho.
|
| Seahag
|

| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.
|
| http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif
|
| Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
| lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is
already
| a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get something
| better
| with the insurance money.
|
| I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope so
| because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
| and seas.
|
| S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
| computer model.

Seahag

Bill took the day off today and got tons done. (first time I can recall he
*ever* cancelled a gig!) One biggie was he replaced the house batteries!
The air-lift compressor on his truck came in handy to reinflate the
humongous fenders we dug out of the store room.

Man, this town is hopping! Surge? I've heard everything from 20' to 6'!

Seahag

"Seahag" wrote in message
| It looks like it's gonna be ugly whatever happens. Without masts I'll
have
| less windage but I still have a lot to do this week. Of course Bill

will
be
| out of town for the big event. I have 5 big pilings so I should be able
| tie her off pretty good, but I want to get some big spikes in so the

lines
| don't slip off the tops. I'm thinking to put a couple lines between the
| pilings as well. I hate the waiting. Are you feeling any effects yet?
|
| Seahag
|
| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The latest tracks from the major computer models have
| it coming right up your little ole Bay. Only the UKMET
| has it passing by and heading up to New York. I
| happen to think the UKMET will be more correct
| than the others in this case. I'm hoping it stays offshore
| when it passes you guys so you get the weak side.
| I want the eye to go right over Booby's dock and
| I think it has a very good chance of doing so.
|
| Here's the bad news from NOAA. But, don't
| despair - Like I said I think NOAA is wrong this
| time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/081203W5.gif

| S.Simon
|
| "Seahag" wrote in message
| Yeah, I'm getting that feel in the pit of my stomach. With only one
big
| anchor I'm thinking about staying in the slip. Depends on the wind.
| Sure
| hope it stays off shore tho.
|
| Seahag
|

| Simple Simon wrote in message
| The UKMET shows Isabel going right up Chesapeake Bay.
|
| http://maps.wunderground.com/data/im...0313_model.gif
|
| Haggie, you'd better take your boat way up a river so you don't
| lose it. Stevie and LOCO can stand to lose theirs. Scotty's is
already
| a loss. It will be a blessing in disguise so they can get

something
| better
| with the insurance money.
|
| I still say Isabel is going to hit Long Island. I certainly hope

so
| because I want to see Booby experience some REAL winds
| and seas.
|
| S.Simon - a weather prognosticator who's smarter than some
| computer model.

Citizen Yachting Watch - JR4xxx Chris Brady General 20 February 23rd 04 12:04 PM
sailing/scuba watch Brien Alkire General 4 December 11th 03 12:50 AM
Hey, Loco!! Bwahahaha! Bobsprit ASA 2 August 11th 03 05:56 PM
A watch that I finally bought Paul General 0 August 2nd 03 12:05 PM