Bobsprit

Default Bobsprit exposed

My comment re wind and tide being of little consequence in deepwater
ports was NOT universal, and to think that would be Mooronic,

Mooron and Donal's best and only hope to score a point is to take each post in
it's most universal form, thereby finding fault with everything.
Too bad it's not working!

Bwahahaha!

RB
Donal

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:29:26 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

I sail out of Portsmouth, which should qualify as a "deepwater" port.

The
wind and tide are fairly important. It can get very messy on a spring ebb

if
there is a bit more "south" in the wind than usual. In a F4, you can go
from fairly calm water to very rough in a couple of boatlengths. Good

fun
if you're goose winging!!

Yep, I remember it vaguely, been quite a while, the entrance is fairly
narrow, 150metres or so? and with the strong tides creating a riptide
situation you needed to time your entrance and exit AFA possible.
My comment re wind and tide being of little consequence in deepwater
ports was NOT universal, and to think that would be Mooronic, The
Solent being among the most difficult and changeable places I've
sailed.
My comment does applt to a very large and possibly most harbours in
the world....I'm sure Mooron will now doo a quick web search to offer
the exceptions and claim them as the majority.

Perhaps I should remind you of your own words:-
"When ENTERING DEEPWATER PORTS the prevailing wind and tide is of
little relevance to a yacht."

Mooron does not need to do any web search. Your statement was unequivocal
(sp?).

You were Bul****ting, and your bluff was called.

The importance of the prevailing wind and tide is nothing to do with the
depth of the port. The size of the harbour compared with the width of the
entrance determines the tidal flow.

Fort Jefferson is not a very big harbour, therefore ther is not a very big
flow through the entrance.

And yes, I know that the depth of the channel will influence the strebgth of
the flow!

Regards

Donal
--

It's his nature you know ;-)

Lady Pilot

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

Waste of time Donal... Ozzy would be too busy adjusting his gay Greek
Fisherman's cap to a jaunty angle while counting the cash in his

wallet for
all the crew to see. He doesn't "do" navigation...... or sailing for

that
matter. He buys the boats to match his hat... he's rich you know!

ROFL. Does the hat look like this one?

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/page/...erman+Hat+4567

LP

Donal

"The Captains Master" wrote in message

Donal......Get a life!!

How much money do I need?

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
There you go again.....What is it jealous or just plain dumb?

Jealous .. of course not! I'm just plain dumb.

BTW I'm impressed by your self-confidence. Very few coppers who only rose
to the dizzying heights of "Seargent" would boast so openly about their
achievements.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:19:57 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

BTW I'm impressed by your self-confidence. Very few coppers who only

rose
to the dizzying heights of "Seargent" would boast so openly about their
achievements.

Ummm you do know absolutely nothing eh Donal.

Absolutely! Nothing at all! I only exist to make you feel more
intelligent.

It was a 1st Class rank but hey you're forgiven,,being dumb and all

ahem What does "1st class rank" mean? Is that better than sergeant?

Once again, I find myself apologising for being too stupid to understand
you. Never mind! I'm content with my station in life. Maybe I should
wear a Greek Captain's hat to show how happy I am???

Regards

Donal
--
The Dumb (but happy) One

Capt. Mooron

"The Captains Master" wrote in message

| maybe, they are better than a ball cap because the overshadow your
| ears.
| My dad has lost the top bits of both ears to skin cancer so no ball
| caps for me.

So hair loss is hereditary in your family is it?
I can send you a pair of Arctic Fox ear muffs Ozzy!! It would match your
Greek Fisherman's Hat delightfully.

CM

Capt. Mooron

"The Captains Master" wrote in message

| So you have no taste either?

If that was the case ... I certainly wouldn't be idiotic enough to boast
about it on a global basis and expect to be though of as fashionable... like
you did. What are you modeling now Ozzy a bone in your nose.. or your nose
in Bob's butt?

Bwahahahahahahahaaa!!

CM

Scout

Damn CM,
you sure you don't wanna be an English teacher?
you could fit in.
Scout

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

"The Captains Master" wrote in message

| So you have no taste either?

If that was the case ... I certainly wouldn't be idiotic enough to boast
about it on a global basis and expect to be though of as fashionable... like
you did. What are you modeling now Ozzy a bone in your nose.. or your nose
in Bob's butt?

Bwahahahahahahahaaa!!

CM

Capt. Mooron

What does it pay... I'm so poor right now that I'm using my wallet as a
patch on my last pair of pants.

BTW - taping your bills to the Etch-A-Sketch and shaking it won't erase the
numbers... I've tried that already.

CM

Bobsprit kills hundreds Gilligan ASA 2 August 13th 03 11:22 PM
Trip Report, August 3, 2003, A Day Sail with Bobsprit and Julia Marc ASA 134 August 8th 03 07:16 PM
Bobsprit, The King Bobsprit ASA 2 August 1st 03 10:59 PM
Bobsprit may be a troll . . . Simple Simon ASA 6 July 31st 03 05:15 AM
Bobsprit found washed up on beach dead Simple Simon ASA 12 July 13th 03 05:59 PM