Simple Simon

Default Bobsprit may be a troll . . .

Bobsprit may be a troll but give credit where credit is due.
His trolls are related to sailing and promote sailing discussion
the majority of the time. Bobsprit is motivated by promoting
sailing discussions. Bobsprit is an asset to this group.

This is in contrast to people like Oz1 (whom I have eliminated
in all his iterations - all it takes is the IP number), Donal who
has suffered a similar fate, and several others unworthy even
of note who never contribute any sailing related posts, not
even trolls related to sailing. Instead they concentrate on
posting lame one-liners, inane liberal lies, and crybaby
whines.

The way to make alt.sailing.asa bearable in the face of
the above and the effete and impotent, retarded invaders
from disruptive newsgroups is to not allow them to board
the alt.sailing.asa ship in the first place. When any such
losers attempt to toss their dull, low velocity grappling
hooks all the real sailors on alt.sailing.asa do is put up
their shields and laugh and watch the failed attempts at
boarding while getting a good laugh at the expense of
the lamers who think they are some sort of threat.

Ha ah aha h haha ha h ha hah ah h a hah hah ah ah !
The only threat they represent is to stand-up comedians
because they provide free entertainment that is every
bit as funny.

The bottom line is filters and the delete button are more
powerful than any pimple-faced, limp-dicked, living in a
dreamworld, pretend disrupter who has no more chance
of success than he has chin whiskers or pubic hair.

CANDChelp

The fact is the I don't just give reports, but provide pics of my vessel
underway. This allows a lot of trolling and general silliness, but it does
bring in a lot of actual sailing content, most of which I enjoy.
While silly threads develop, such as the compass cover debacle, others are of
real interest.
By contrast, Scotty, Donal, Skitchy and others provide little in the way of
anything. They give quick, dull sailing reports that invite little discussion.
They provide no pics, probably for fear that they will be "taken apart" as mine
are. Big deal! It's worth it. After donal posted a pic of his boat in
questionable airs, he's been afraid to post. Skitchy has never posted. Scotty
provided a pic of a headsail, for cripes sake. Ozzy is excused as he has a note
from his doctor. Mooron and Neal posted pics recently...thankfully.
How about it, peoples? Give a little. Neal and I rarely agree, but we are the
sole reason this group has a heartbeat.
I hope neal views my video as I'm unafraid of his critism and welcome real
sailing talk.

RB
jlrogers

I've seen a lot of trolls in my day, and Bobsprit is one GREAT TROLL..
He is the King Neptune of Fishing. He roars around with his motor wide
open, pulling a daisychain of lines, liberally baited with lubbers,
liars, liberals, and Lesbians. Did I mention pretenders, sock puppets,
tyrannies and queers? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) He
stirs the fish to a frenzy, has them leaping from the water, racing in
all directions to escape the noise, the pollution, the utter stink of
his diesel. Alas, the ignorant and unwary, school beneath his stern
lantern where they eat bugs and become entwined in his hooks. I give
you fair warning, it's all about him, all the time. The boy is a genus.
One can only imagine what it would be like to be among his circle of
friends.

Then again, maybe Bobsprit is not trolling. Now that's scary!

jlrogers

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
[...]

Scott Vernon

2 out of three ain't bad....
"Simple Simon" wrote ...
Bobsprit may be a troll

Bobsprit is motivated by promoting
sailing discussions.

Bobsprit is an ass.

Bobsprit

Poor Scotty. A thread like this really upsets him.
Somebody PLEASE pay attention to poor scotty while I'm off sailing!!!

RB

Jonathan Ganz

I agree! We've effectively eliminated the likes of Gary GAY Burnoore,
outing him almost immediately. I'm just wondering if he really thinks
that using the phone is the best thing to do. He has yet to deny that
he's making phone calls.
[...]

Bertie the Bunyip

"Simple Simon" wrote in
:

This is in contrast to people like Oz1 (whom I have eliminated
in all his iterations - all it takes is the IP number),

Hey, you came upon your name honestly, didn't you?

Bertie

Definition of a troll Harry Krause General 4 June 15th 04 04:08 AM
Cabela's Hydro Troll Rick General 3 August 7th 03 01:53 PM
Troll of the Week award Scott Vernon ASA 3 July 25th 03 01:34 AM
Bobsprit found washed up on beach dead Simple Simon ASA 12 July 13th 03 05:59 PM
Bobsprit is a good example . . . Simple Simon ASA 13 June 28th 03 03:41 PM