SkitchNYC

Default Sailing at Playa del Carmen - advice needed

Hi - I hope someone can help me here.

I am a UK based dinghy sailor, about to go on holiday to Playacar, Mexico
(late Sept/Early October).
I sail a Fireball dinghy every weekend from Exmouth in the UK, so enjoy
trapezing. I have also a fair amount of Dart
18 cat experience . I am also an RYA sailing instructor, so just about know
what I am
doing.

Has anyone got any experience of what the facilities are like? What type of
cats/dinghies can I expect to find? Do I need to bring anything from the UK
(I am hoping I can leave my drysuit behind!!)?

Any advice would be gratefully received. I have already carried out a
newsgroup search, but there appears to be very little posted on what I may
expect.

Probably because there is little to report. I didn't see much sailing at all
in Playa del Carmen. I satisfied the need with a sunfish from the hotel - you
can find that sort of thing and certainly don't need a wet or drysuit. Isla
Mujeres may have more sailing up by Cancun about 50 miles.