katysails

Default Sailing back to the slip

But, maybe you have West Nile??

Nope, only thing around here that has that is a dead crow here and =
there....We've had a relatively mosquito=3Dless summer due to two cold =
springs in a row....spiders, though, we have....I've sent you an =
envelope full to your PO box #.....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You're losing your
edge.

I've never had an edge. I did, at one time, have a blunt end, but it's

worn.

Damn! Why's my sockpuppet alarm going off? The headers look real! The
content seems like a very poor imitation.

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

Damn! Why's my sockpuppet alarm going off? The headers look real! The
content seems like a very poor imitation.

No, no. It's me. It's been a long few days after the blackout due to Bush.

RB
Horvath

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:49:19 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

Hey John,

You are the typical stupid, inept, wannabe sailor.
You are an embarrassment to us real sailors.

My motor does not need a battery to start it.
If my motor DID need a battery to start it you can
beet your boots I would make sure my batteries
were good BEFORE trouble arose.

Bragging about your 4.5 hp Evinrude, with the pull start?

Now I've heard it all.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Horvath

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:19:29 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Use your handheld... you should have one as a backup.

Better yet. Use your cellphone.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

The_navigator©

That is not a nice way to treat house batteries. Use a starting battery
for starting and house bats. for low current draw.

Cheers MC

Donal wrote:

"John Cairns" wrote in message

Yeah, the batteries are probably shot, they are dated '99. I have a deep
cycle battery charger and it didn't want to charge one of them before our
summer cruise.

That's what happened to me back in March. One of the batteries would go
flat very quickly after being charged. The other battery wasn't great,
either.
With hindsight, I can see that the deterioration was gradual. Last year, if
we left the fridge running overnight, then the house battery would be almost
flat by the morning. With the new batteries, I can start the engine on
the house battery in the morning.

I was reluctant to replace them before I install a proper
onboard charger, will replace them in the off season along with installing
the charging system.

Are you sure that your charger needs changing. I must admit that I don't
know what "deep cycling" means in the context of a charger. Perhaps
Bobsprit will enlighten me??

Regards

Donal
--

John Cairns
"Donal" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message

One of my off-season projects will be the installation
of a proper on-board charging system. As long as I sail out of this

marina,

keeping the batteries charged with the diesel will be a problem.

How old are your batteries?

I fitted new batteries to Setanta this year, and they made a huge
difference. In future, I'll change them every 4 years.

Regards

Donal

Jonathan Ganz

That's stupid. Other boats monitor 16, which gives them
a heads up about what is going to happen.

It's a good idea to have a cell phone, but not for stuff
like this.

As usual, you demonstrate no understanding about
sailing, boat handling, or common sense.

wrote this crap:

Use your handheld... you should have one as a backup.

Better yet. Use your cellphone.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

Horvath

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:00:23 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

That's stupid. Other boats monitor 16, which gives them
a heads up about what is going to happen.

It's a good idea to have a cell phone, but not for stuff
like this.

As usual, you demonstrate no understanding about
sailing, boat handling, or common sense.

No. I'm just smarter than you. I could use my radio to call the
yacht club, but then everyone would hear me. I'd rather use my cell
phone to call one of my buddies sitting at the bar, then nobody else
would find out, dumbass.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Peter J Ross

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:45:32 -0700, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Jonathan
Ganz:

All you have to do is hail them and tell them you're coming.

Or you could just scream "Oh God! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

We've had to do that a couple of times when we had similar
problems. The harbor master never had a problem with it.

Is he a pjervert too?

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
Capt. Mooron

I doubt that seeing you being towed into the marina yet again would come as
a surprise for anyone in your club.

CM