Thom Stewart

Default Pneuma's New Main

Well got the new main up and got the shock of my life. It has a free
foot. My fault, didn't specify a shelf. First time in fifty years have
a free footed main. The battens are about 6" shorter than my UK Main but
she sets nice. Just hoisted it at the slip. I had to pick the windiest
day in weeks. The Old Man just plain ran out of gas. Did get it on and
flaked on the boom before collapsing down below. Did just beat the worst
of the wind

Maybe I'll have a test sail this week-end and get some pictures

Jon, my sailmaker is towing his Melges 24 down to the Bay Area for the
"NOAK Regatta" and for practise for the WORLDS. If you see him give a
Hail. His name is Chris. Has a crew of four. No name on the boat yet.

I haven't met him face to face yet. Just telephone and withdrawal from
my VISA account. Seem like a nice guy. Know nothing about his sailing

Simple Simon

You know you're getting old and lubberly when . . .

Your folding propeller costs more than your mainsail.

Bwaaahahahahhahahahahha!

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bobsprit

Well got the new main up and got the shock of my life. It has a free
foot. My fault, didn't specify a shelf.

Holy mother of god.

RB

Bobsprit wrote:
: Your folding propeller costs more than your mainsail.

Pretty dumb thing to say, bobspit. But then, I'm seeing that's the best
you're able to do.

--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
How you look depends on where you go.
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ 0 1 7 2 3 / Ý³Þ 3 7 4 9 3 0 Û³
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase
Thom Stewart

My Friend,

The folding Prop didn't come cheap but was only less than a third of the
new main

Also, getting use to the free footed main. I like having the draw
string on the foot of the main. A lot more shaping ease.

Don't have as much Roach as I had on the old UK Main but I have a good
stable leech, Open but stable. Very little take up necessary on the
leech string.

The full battens are a huge improvement over my old ones. The leech ends
pocket flaps are tucked into the pockets leaveing a much cleaner
leech.. Velco on the inside of pockets

Reef points and cunningham workmanship outstanding. Same for the
corners. North builds a nice sail

Ole Thom

Pony Express

The loose foot is nice in light air, especially since they tend to cut
things flatter these days.
Did North build that sail in Sri Lanka?
--
----
Steve

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
My Friend,

The folding Prop didn't come cheap but was only less than a third of the
new main

Also, getting use to the free footed main. I like having the draw
string on the foot of the main. A lot more shaping ease.

Don't have as much Roach as I had on the old UK Main but I have a good
stable leech, Open but stable. Very little take up necessary on the
leech string.

The full battens are a huge improvement over my old ones. The leech ends
pocket flaps are tucked into the pockets leaveing a much cleaner
leech.. Velco on the inside of pockets

Reef points and cunningham workmanship outstanding. Same for the
corners. North builds a nice sail

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

A shelf foot is much better because it controls the
tip vortex better and has the extra added advantage
of being a good way to collect rain water while under
way.

Poor Old Thom managed to overlook an important
feature. My old worn out North main is probably
just as efficient as Thom's new one.

S.Simon

"Pony Express" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thom Stewart

Simple,

The only thing your old main is efficient at is wrapping galley wasteG

"You know you're not a sailor when your main isn't worth the price of
the Prop on your Beanie" Neal you are in that category:^)

"I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom