Simple Simon

Default Pneuma's New Main

You know you're getting old and lubberly when . . .

Your folding propeller costs more than your mainsail.

Bwaaahahahahhahahahahha!

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Well got the new main up and got the shock of my life. It has a free
foot. My fault, didn't specify a shelf. First time in fifty years have
a free footed main. The battens are about 6" shorter than my UK Main but
she sets nice. Just hoisted it at the slip. I had to pick the windiest
day in weeks. The Old Man just plain ran out of gas. Did get it on and
flaked on the boom before collapsing down below. Did just beat the worst
of the wind

Maybe I'll have a test sail this week-end and get some pictures

Jon, my sailmaker is towing his Melges 24 down to the Bay Area for the
"NOAK Regatta" and for practise for the WORLDS. If you see him give a
Hail. His name is Chris. Has a crew of four. No name on the boat yet.

I haven't met him face to face yet. Just telephone and withdrawal from
my VISA account. Seem like a nice guy. Know nothing about his sailing