Scout

Default Are these the sickest newsgroups on usenet?

Hello Ulfrikr,
Your plan sounds wonderful! I'd bet some of our Oz sailors would take the
time to see your Viking ship as she sails up the Parramatta River. I
strongly recommend prudence, however, regarding the customary raping and
pillaging : )
Scout

"Ulfrikr inn Hrafn" wrote
I hope to one day take part in the construction of a Viking age ship and

sail up the Parramatta River to Parramatta Park

Nik

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:29:36 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

Hello Ulfrikr,
Your plan sounds wonderful! I'd bet some of our Oz sailors would take the
time to see your Viking ship as she sails up the Parramatta River. I
strongly recommend prudence, however, regarding the customary raping and
pillaging : )

Thats not what you said last night...

Nik
Bertie the Bunyip

Nik wrote in
news
wrote:

Hello Ulfrikr,
Your plan sounds wonderful! I'd bet some of our Oz sailors would take
the time to see your Viking ship as she sails up the Parramatta River.
I strongly recommend prudence, however, regarding the customary raping
and pillaging : )

Thats not what you said last night...

So you're back to raping and pillaging, eh njikky?
I kne it.

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

"Scout" wrote in
:

Hello Ulfrikr,
Your plan sounds wonderful! I'd bet some of our Oz sailors would take
the time to see your Viking ship as she sails up the Parramatta River.

well, seeing as how you've now made frineds with a nazi, all bets are off.

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

"Joy B." wrote in
:

http://archives.mfn.org/
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

so?

bertie

Bertie the Bunyip

Nik wrote in
:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:21:39 GMT, "Ulfrikr inn Hrafn"
wrote:

Heil Scout and All,

"Scout" wrote in message
A fine post!
And you can be forgiven for cross-posting to us since it's sailing

related.
Of course everyone knows that Odin "send[s] the wind and turn[s] the

tide!"

My thanks for the acceptance of the cross-post, I merely worked the
reply button and hence caught you folk as well.

On more sailing/Asatru related matters, what is interesting is not
only that Odin is seen as having much to do with sailing in the
Northern Tradition, but also sailors of the region would call upon
Ran, and Aegir, and even Thor at times, all depending upon the effect
they wanted to achieve. A great seafaring folk, and I hope to one day
take part in the construction of a Viking age ship and sail up the
Parramatta River to Parramatta Park for a gathering. Now that would
be a sight to see. Well, a few more years yet before such a thing can
be done... but it's good to have a goal. (BTW, for those who are
interested, Parramatta is a suburb of Sydney, Australia).

There is a raiding party, from New Zealand, that is ready and poised
to raid Australia and remove the Bledisloe Cup...

But you said you were Irish, nazi boy?

What gives?

Bertie
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Heil Jeff and All,

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
news
But what about Loki?

-jeff www.sv-loki.com
"The sea was angry that day, my friend. Like an old man trying to send

back soup at the
deli."

Invariably Loki would would have probably not been a god of choice to call
upon if one was a sailor in trouble. Albeit, given Loki's mercurial nature,
it is quite possible that if called upon he'd provide assistance, he is
after all not entirely malevolant, although it would be much more likely
that one of the other gods or goddesses would have been called upon.

Your Cat (for those non nautical minded folk out there, abbreviation for
Catamaran) is a fine looking vessel and I am sure that Loki is quite happy
with you naming your vessel after him. Hope the sailing goes well.
--
Ver thu heil

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Company Secrtary
Assembly of The Elder Troth

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Heil Scout and All,

"Scout" wrote in message
Hello Ulfrikr,
Your plan sounds wonderful! I'd bet some of our Oz sailors would take the
time to see your Viking ship as she sails up the Parramatta River. I
strongly recommend prudence, however, regarding the customary raping and
pillaging : )
Scout

Indeed, I dare say the local constabulary would have something to say in
that regard as well

I know that a group in Brisbane built a longship, so we have the expertise
here in Australia to do it, just need to get some interested folk together
to get the project under way.
--
Ver thu heil

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Company Secrtary
Assembly of The Elder Troth

Flying Tadpole

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn wrote:

A great

seafaring folk, and I hope to one day take part in the construction of a
Viking age ship and sail up the Parramatta River to Parramatta Park for a
gathering. Now that would be a sight to see. Well, a few more years yet
before such a thing can be done... but it's good to have a goal.

You will find an easily buildable such craft, redesigned for
madern materials, in "Boats with an open mind" Philip C Bolger,
McGraw Hill. It was commissioned bvy the Society for Creative
Anachronisms, but I think is now an available stock plan.
(Longboat, not knorr. You would need to supply the shields.)
--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

here's a list of marine newsgroups William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 13th 04 02:03 AM
How many Usenet posters... Stephen Baker Boat Building 11 June 9th 04 08:05 PM
Moderator? Joe. R General 92 March 11th 04 06:54 PM
FAQ: Surviving Usenet: A Guide for the Earnest Newcomer Joe Parsons General 15 October 22nd 03 07:30 AM
Biggest Usenet SPAMMER Finally Identified!!! ----- IOlRvcv4Jk Skipper General 2 July 8th 03 12:43 PM