Bertie the Bunyip

Default Are these the sickest newsgroups on usenet?

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?
Just Plain Insane

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:44:31 +0000 (UTC) I replied to Bertie the
Bunyip on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling their
name and phone number on the bathroom wall in alt.sailing.asa

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Oh, you mean that perversion of true Asatru, where they bent it to
try and be racist. Trust me, that's not true Asatru.

GothicBlaze

Just Plain Insane wrote in news:bh2c8c$9a5$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:44:31 +0000 (UTC) I replied to Bertie the
Bunyip on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling their
name and phone number on the bathroom wall in alt.sailing.asa

Nomen Nescio wrote in
m:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Oh, you mean that perversion of true Asatru, where they bent it to
try and be racist. Trust me, that's not true Asatru.

Hmm, true Asatru. Wasnt that when you are only faithfull to the Aesir?
Nik

On 09 Aug 2003 11:44:29 GMT, GothicBlaze
wrote:

Just Plain Insane wrote in news:bh2c8c$9a5$1
:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:44:31 +0000 (UTC) I replied to Bertie the
Bunyip on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling their
name and phone number on the bathroom wall in alt.sailing.asa

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Oh, you mean that perversion of true Asatru, where they bent it to
try and be racist. Trust me, that's not true Asatru.

Hmm, true Asatru. Wasnt that when you are only faithfull to the Aesir?

Well, and the Vanir, Disir etc

Nik
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Heil All,

"GothicBlaze" wrote in message
Just Plain Insane wrote in news:bh2c8c$9a5$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:44:31 +0000 (UTC) I replied to Bertie the
Bunyip on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling their
name and phone number on the bathroom wall in alt.sailing.asa

Nomen Nescio wrote in
m:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Oh, you mean that perversion of true Asatru, where they bent it to
try and be racist. Trust me, that's not true Asatru.

Hmm, true Asatru. Wasnt that when you are only faithfull to the Aesir?

The term Asatru, can also be interpreted as being true to the As. As being
a generic term for a god, or gods. Some work on the premis that As in fact
only applies to Odin, and hence Asatru is being true to Odin, or in essence,
Odinism as an exclusive cultus. The term Asatru itself is a modern
invention, having first appeared in the 19th Century in a Scandinavian
publication (this is documented in the article "History of Asatru in
Australia" on the AET Australia website - www.aetaustralia.org - under the
articles section). In this case, Asatru as a term has originated in the
Scandinavian countries, and I would defer to their interpretation in
preference to any other.

Ver thu heil

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Company Secretary
Assembly of The Elder Troth

Joy B.

http://archives.mfn.org/
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Scout

A fine post!
And you can be forgiven for cross-posting to us since it's sailing related.
Of course everyone knows that Odin "send[s] the wind and turn[s] the tide!"

BTW - Bob, name that movie!
--
Scout

Some work on the premis that As in fact only applies to Odin,
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Company Secretary
Assembly of The Elder Troth

James 101

Talk about sick. Who is he and why did you post it here?

"Joy B." wrote in message
http://archives.mfn.org/
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

I think they are.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

A challange!

Have you been to alt.religion.asatru?

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Heil Scout and All,

"Scout" wrote in message
A fine post!
And you can be forgiven for cross-posting to us since it's sailing

related.
Of course everyone knows that Odin "send[s] the wind and turn[s] the

tide!"

My thanks for the acceptance of the cross-post, I merely worked the reply
button and hence caught you folk as well.

On more sailing/Asatru related matters, what is interesting is not only that
Odin is seen as having much to do with sailing in the Northern Tradition,
but also sailors of the region would call upon Ran, and Aegir, and even Thor
at times, all depending upon the effect they wanted to achieve. A great
seafaring folk, and I hope to one day take part in the construction of a
Viking age ship and sail up the Parramatta River to Parramatta Park for a
gathering. Now that would be a sight to see. Well, a few more years yet
before such a thing can be done... but it's good to have a goal. (BTW, for
those who are interested, Parramatta is a suburb of Sydney, Australia).
--
Ver thu heil

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Company Secrtary
Assembly of The Elder Troth

Just Plain Insane

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:42:45 -0400 I replied to "Scout"
on a piece of toilet paper while
scribbling their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
alt.sailing.asa

A fine post!
And you can be forgiven for cross-posting to us since it's sailing related.
Of course everyone knows that Odin "send[s] the wind and turn[s] the tide!"

BTW - Bob, name that movie!

Phrase was used in 13th Warrior while they were in the storm.

here's a list of marine newsgroups William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 13th 04 02:03 AM
How many Usenet posters... Stephen Baker Boat Building 11 June 9th 04 08:05 PM
Moderator? Joe. R General 92 March 11th 04 06:54 PM
FAQ: Surviving Usenet: A Guide for the Earnest Newcomer Joe Parsons General 15 October 22nd 03 07:30 AM
Biggest Usenet SPAMMER Finally Identified!!! ----- IOlRvcv4Jk Skipper General 2 July 8th 03 12:43 PM