Scout

Default Euology for a doomed troll tribe

Have no fear Bertie and pals, "finishing you off" is a euphemism for ending
your life in a.s.a. only.
You are nothing more than contemporaneous specimens here, viewed with the
same fascination Van Leeuwenhoek felt when he looked at those simple
creatures trapped under his glass. But those creatures, as it turned out,
had more depth and character than any of you have managed to demonstrate.
Your childish repartee has left almost as much wanting as you initially
promised, and so your time here is short.

Yes, you provided some minor amusement. And the fact that you and your pals
believed you were in control was necessary for us to stay interested in you.
Don't you see how delightful that scenario is Bertie, Gary, Peter, Insane,
et. al.? No matter. You were a momentary distraction, a diversion, play
things. When we are through with you, and I fear that time is very close, we
will "finish you off" by ignoring you, and you will wither, emaciate, and
die; metaphorically at least. Oh, I'm sure you will thrash about for some
time, making noises, name calling, and such, because the life force is
strong, even in the most primitive animals. But I hope, via this
edification, to soften the blow when you are forced to make that difficult
transition from obscurity into oblivion.

I leave you with this last bit of friendly advice: find another outlet for
your energy, try sailing, try camping, try cooking, try community service.
But try something, and save yourselves, before it is too late.
Scout

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
you can try, of course.

Scout wrote:
Let's . . . finish them off as they sleep.

Scout

Taddy,
I'm afraid I am, at least in part, guilty of facilitating their torturous
resurrections. I've dabbled in the dark arts (i.e., I poked at their
corpses with a sharp stick), and so I am partly to blame for reanimating
their lifeless, pointless personalities. I had hoped to be found wrong
about them. But only in hoping was I wrong; the sojourners are truly
brain-dead. May they R.I.P.
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
They're doomed? I thought they were long dead.

Scout

Taddy,
Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen the TV show 'Bertie the Bunyip'?
I can't imagine it went international. It was a very boring children's show
here in the Philadelphia area, and hasn't aired in many years. The puppet's
were amateurish and the dialoged was predictable and dull, even for kids.
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
They're doomed? I thought they were long dead.

Bertie the Bunyip

"Scout" wrote in
:

Taddy,
Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen the TV show 'Bertie the
Bunyip'? I can't imagine it went international. It was a very boring
children's show here in the Philadelphia area, and hasn't aired in
many years. The puppet's were amateurish and the dialoged was
predictable and dull, even for kids.

And yet you tuned in.

Go figure.

Bertie

Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

Taddy,
Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen the TV show 'Bertie the Bunyip'?snip

No. I have seen the tribute websites and they're truly
horrible...the failure to export the show underlines what I say
from time to time: when the chips are down, the US at leat
attempts to do the right thing, and sometimes, as in this case,
succeeds.

Do you think the Bunyip has sworn vengeance as a consequence?

I have a personal sense of irritation regarding the Bunyip's
tics. I don't know whether you were around when I last put this
up, but here's the website of my hometown's paper,
http://www.gawler.sa.gov.au/tourism/...yyears/bunyip/
the paper founded by the Humbug Society in the 19thC, who among
other things did the Roman trick and elected a horse to
Parliament (it never got there of course--the politicians
knackered it.) It was silly of me to hope that some of the same
spirit may have infused our present bunyip, but my verse, alas,
was all too correct:
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#bertie
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Scout

Sworn vengeance? I don't believe our present namesake has it in him. Alas,
he is no pendragon. Aye, he curls his lip, but exposes only flabby,
blackened gums, toothless sockets that have never known a fricative. He
attempts the witty snarl but issues forth only sour curd.
'Bertie the Bunyimpotent' would be a more suitable moniker, and so I shall
call him. His followers, the sorted Bunyippies, will never draw me down to
their echelon. I'm a tolerant fellow, however, and encourage them to
continue shouting and waving fiercely for my attention (and enjoyment), as
they are doing even now. Though they are unworthy of any direct response,
from me or any sailor here at A.S.A., I will not killfile any of them, but
will chuckle each time they expose themselves as the pathetic buffoons they
really are.
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
Do you think the Bunyip has sworn vengeance as a consequence?

I have a personal sense of irritation regarding Bunyip's tics.

Jonathan Ganz

As much as any group of wanna be fag boys can be dead.

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
They're doomed? I thought they were long dead.

(Apart from the zombies MC insists on revenanting and putting
through a travesty of a dance for us. One has to admire so much
skill on the part of the_navigator, working with such morbid
material, but really, the abilities of the actual performers are
soooooo limited, even with his coaching....)

FT

Scout wrote:
Let's . . . finish them off as they sleep.

Just Plain Insane

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 03:47:49 -0400 I replied to "Scout"
on a piece of toilet paper while
scribbling their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
alt.sailing.asa

Have no fear Bertie and pals, "finishing you off" is a euphemism for ending
your life in a.s.a. only.
You are nothing more than contemporaneous specimens here, viewed with the

snip

Attempt at intelligent post noted, you failed.

--
If you think you know me, you don't.

Best feeling in the world? Watching your nemesis Sliding
down a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.--GroveGnome