Scout

Default Cedar bucket is full of Bertie

Sorry to leave the lively discussion last night, but I had to go take a
Bertie. Now my bucket must be emptied or there'll be Bertie all over the
deck. You guys can feel free to argue with this clown and his sock puppets
and pimple popping pals, but I really suggest filtering, deleting, and
ignoring. I really wouldn't mind all the posts if they were either funny,
witty, interesting, or sincere. I see no evidence of anything but a
juvenile mentality screaming for attention. I recognize the M.O.
Does anyone else get the feeling that they had their own NG but realized at
some point that they have nothing interesting to talk about?
Scout

Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that they had their own NG but realized at
some point that they have nothing interesting to talk about?
Scout

A frameable quote! We are not alone!
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Scout

Tim,
As usual, you have lighted another side of a dark cave. Do I understand your
last comment correctly, in that you are saying a lack of interesting
conversation may be what drove mankind to explore other villages, other
lands, other planets, and now, other newsgroups? Could it be that the spirit
of adventure, even the roots of sailing, share a cause-effect relationship
with less than fabulous confabulation?
Are these outsiders just virtual explorers and exploiters? The new white
man? Let us not make the same mistake as those who have been intruded upon
before us! Let's get them drunk and finish them off as they sleep.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
Scout wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that they had their own NG but realized

at
some point that they have nothing interesting to talk about?
Scout

A frameable quote! We are not alone!
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Flying Tadpole

For "a lack of interesting conversation" read "they could no
longer stand their own company". Scratch an explorer, a
developer, an alpha male or a bunyip and find someone desperately
trying to validate their own existence in the eyes of their
parents/teachers/peers/other adults in some sort of adult/child
transaction, with them the child (transactional analysis appleid
to the present rash is very rewarding. Again, the sociologists
are going to love it). And when the validation fails, as fail it
must in so many cases--as indeed it is failing for our new
vikings--then they create wonderful support structures of
empires, slavery in all its forms including moral and
intellectual, and amazingly banal instruments of torture.

BTW, glad to see someone including the entire indo-european gene
pool as "white man", given the immaculate performance in the
development of empire of all the egyptian/mid-east and middle
asian civilisations!

And yes, of course the best, in fact the only, time to
kickeminthenadgers is when they're down.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------

Scout wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that they had their own NG but realized

at
some point that they have nothing interesting to talk about?
Scout

A frameable quote! We are not alone!
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Scout

Truth be told, I am a fairly-firm believer in 'the Real Eve' theory (i.e.,
we are all 'out of Africa') as proposed by Oxford University's Stephen
Oppenheimer. Interesting stuff.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

BTW, glad to see someone including the entire indo-european gene
pool as "white man", given the immaculate performance in the
development of empire of all the egyptian/mid-east and middle
asian civilisations!

Scout

Yes, I found that a bit confusing at first. But we are talking about what,
150K years of mutation since the proposed exudos? The existing gene pool,
before the departure, had millions of years to produce the variations to
that point. So by comparison, our 'new' family is much younger, with less
time to evolve divergently (given that changes seen on the surface are
really just that shallow).
As a Euro-American, would I be out of line to say our native people, we
would have gotten here before you if we didn't have that big puddle in the
way? lol
Good stuff.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
I was thinking of the rip-roaring Arab slave trade of the last
1500 or so years.

What I find intriguing with the "out of Africa" is that the
genetic variability of those who departed is far less than that
remaining in Africa; what's the estimate, about 100K "departed"
to produce such a narrow gene pool?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------

Scout wrote:

Truth be told, I am a fairly-firm believer in 'the Real Eve' theory

(i.e.,
we are all 'out of Africa') as proposed by Oxford University's Stephen
Oppenheimer. Interesting stuff.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

BTW, glad to see someone including the entire indo-european gene
pool as "white man", given the immaculate performance in the
development of empire of all the egyptian/mid-east and middle
asian civilisations!

katysails

Scratch an explorer, a
developer, an alpha male or a bunyip and their fleas may jump off on you...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:

Scratch an explorer, a
developer, an alpha male or a bunyip and their fleas may jump off on you...

No, they're alpha fleas and are bloodsucking so hard they don't
have time to...
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Bertie the Bunyip

"Scout" wrote in
:

Sorry to leave the lively discussion last night, but I had to go take
a Bertie. Now my bucket must be emptied or there'll be Bertie all over
the deck. You guys can feel free to argue with this clown and his
sock puppets and pimple popping pals, but I really suggest filtering,
deleting, and ignoring. I really wouldn't mind all the posts if they
were either funny, witty, interesting, or sincere. I see no evidence
of anything but a juvenile mentality screaming for attention. I
recognize the M.O. Does anyone else get the feeling that they had
their own NG but realized at some point that they have nothing
interesting to talk about? Scout

Attaboy Scoutwad, get it out of your system.

Feel better?

Bertie

Help - Perkins 20hp diesel yacht motor wont achieve full revs under load Rachel and Steve Cruising 3 June 21st 04 11:36 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Full Batten or not? Guillermo General 17 December 9th 03 09:27 PM
Know why I don't see Bertie any more? Simple Simon ASA 31 July 31st 03 05:29 AM
Full duplex VHF or FRS??? Jeff Morris Electronics 4 July 8th 03 01:55 AM