CANDChelp

Default Ring, Ring, Ring!!!!

I always tell the Alien Girls to remove their rings and other jewlery before we
sail.

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...mages/hand.jpg

Capt RB

CANDChelp

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...mages/hand.jpg

Capt RB

Has happened to two friends of mine....I don't wear a ring

You know TWO people that this happened to? I guess it's a more common injury
than I thought.

RB
Wally

"CANDChelp" wrote in message

Has happened to two friends of mine....I don't wear a ring

You know TWO people that this happened to? I guess it's a more
common injury than I thought.

I don't know how common it is, but rings were all but banned when I worked
for a phone company years ago - the scenario there was that, when climbing
telephone poles, the ring could catch on a step if one slipped, resulting in
precisely the sort of injury you linked to. Those who continued to wear
rings were admonished to wrap insulating tape around them to minimise the
chance of the 'hook' effect. (Those who didn't wear gloves, anyway.)

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Flying Tadpole

Then they don't listen to you. There were necklaces (good for
strangulation) and bracelets (great for amputation) on at least
one fo your more recent floozy pics.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

CANDChelp wrote:

I always tell the Alien Girls to remove their rings and other jewlery before we
sail.

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...mages/hand.jpg

Capt RB

Flying Tadpole

I'm sorry, I just realised that you might have thought this was a
joke of some sort?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------

CANDChelp wrote:

I always tell the Alien Girls to remove their rings and other jewlery before we
sail.

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...mages/hand.jpg

Capt RB

Capt. Mooron

At gun point?????

CM

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
| I always tell the Alien Girls to remove their rings and other jewlery
before we
| sail.
|
| http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...mages/hand.jpg
|
| Capt RB

SkitchNYC

I had a J24 spin halyard run through my hand 2 weeks before my wedding and
pulled the flesh off my ring finger. Finger is now molded around the ring.
Guess I won't be getting divorced.

Nearly lost a finger 20 years ago when my wedding ring snagged. I
don't even wear a wris****ch when working on the trawl deck. Too
dangerous. Ditto working on lathes and milling machines.

Frank and Ronnie Maier

"Wally" wrote:
"CANDChelp" wrote in message

Has happened to two friends of mine....I don't wear a ring

You know TWO people that this happened to? I guess it's a more
common injury than I thought.

I don't know how common it is, but rings were all but banned when I worked
for a phone company years ago - the scenario there was that, when climbing
telephone poles, the ring could catch on a step if one slipped, resulting in
precisely the sort of injury you linked to. Those who continued to wear
rings were admonished to wrap insulating tape around them to minimise the
chance of the 'hook' effect. (Those who didn't wear gloves, anyway.)

I was a gymnast in college. My coach broke his ring finger when it got
wrapped in my sweatshirt while he was spotting me on a sommersalt.
They had to cut it (the ring!) off in the ER. That taught me never to
wear jewelry when doing anything active.

Frank

Ring 18 Fox McCloud UK Power Boats 2 April 25th 05 11:40 PM
Found: jacket, keys and ring WILDH2PRO General 1 April 7th 04 11:48 AM
Ferrite Ring - ????? Steve Lusardi Boat Building 0 August 2nd 03 08:59 AM
Overheating, Hydrostatic lock, ring gears and starters rayjking General 0 July 12th 03 05:49 PM
Need ring gear or specs for 1995 PCM 5.8 Pro Boss [email protected] General 6 July 10th 03 07:18 AM