Steve Lusardi

Default Ferrite Ring - ?????

You should consider all rubber elements for engines a consumable and should
be replaced every 5 years, even if the item appears good. Consider that
practice cheap insurance.
Steve
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I recently got tired of trying to chase down the problem with my power

loss
on my boat so I decided to just replace all the elctronics on the engine.

New rectifier.
New stator.
New trigger coil.
New ignition packs.
New coils.

The new coils came with what looks like a ferrite sleeve. What the heck

do
you do with it? Slide it over the spark plug leads?

Guess what part I let the parts guy talk me out of buying. Guess what

part
that five out of six are bad. Spark plug wires. GAH!

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az