SAIL LOCO

Default Do You Own a Yacht???

The few times I've worn out or broken a Craftsman tool I've just taken it
into a Sears and
asked for a new one - never had a hassle. If some other brand would give a
lifetime
warranty that included theft (and didn't require a receipt!) I'd gladly
switch.

There are other lifetime warranty tools like Husky for example but you have to
ship them back to the factory. Stores that sell them don't satisfy warranty
claims. There's always Snap On but there a little pricy for the average home
owner plus it would probably be difficult to get the salesman to make your
house a regular stop in his truck.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

I once took a screwdriver back to Sears that was BROKEN IN THREE
PIECES and they handed me a new one. It was clearly abuse, but they
just smiled and replaced it.

I've returned a shovel. It's a hand tool!
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

K-Mart is better. I take batteries back to them regulary
that aren't even broken - just claim they won't charge
and they give you new ones. One need never have a
battery in one's yacht that is over a year old.

So far the thread has been posts from honest people telling there stories.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

When people want
assets in their spouses names, it is usually because of creditors
lurking about in hopes of getting paid. Bob said "he bought the car
and she bought the boat." Big surprise. A car is usually exempt from
the claims of creditors whereas a boat would not be exempt.

Not 100% untrue. Luxury items in my name would be dangerous for me at present.
I'm in the middle of an estate audit due to a recent death.
Since most of you have no real money and none to inherit you know nothing of
this or what flags the IRS systems.

RB
felton

Jeff...that is all generally true, but do you really think it applies
to someone who spends all his time crowing about his stereo and the
boat his "wife" owns? Bob is hoping to crack the "five figure" net
worth barrier at some point. It is looking more and more apparent
that Bob has a rather checkered credit history. When people want
assets in their spouses names, it is usually because of creditors
lurking about in hopes of getting paid. Bob said "he bought the car
and she bought the boat." Big surprise. A car is usually exempt from
the claims of creditors whereas a boat would not be exempt.

I really don't think "estate planning" was the reason that Suzzy
bought the boat and it is in her name, but in any event, it is nice
that Bob has a boat to sail on, even if it is not his

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:27:14 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

Each person receives an exemption - it was $600,000 and is now $1,000,000. (It actually
ramps up to 3.5 mil, then drops back to 1 mil in 2011, I think.) If all the assets are
in one person's name, the other effectively waives this exemption. This blunder could cost
your heirs a million bucks or more.

However, I'm sure Suzzy's lawyers are feeding you this nonsense about "tax profiles" to
save her a bundle of money.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
However, when you get older and (God forbid!) have children, you may start to
think of
estate transfer. In that case the issues are different, and it becomes
important to
balance holdings, and to set up trust funds to maximize the amount that stays
in the
family.

You clearly know very little about estate transfers. By splitting the holdings
you pay far more in taxes if a transfer is made. You also fail to realize that
financial history comes into play. Suzzy's is perfect. Mine is not.

RB

Bobsprit

but in any event, it is nice
that Bob has a boat to sail on, even if it is not his

Yup...and a nicer one coming very soon!

RB
Scott Vernon

who told you that, Jon?

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Craftsman are crap. Get some real tools.

"Horvath" wrote in message
On 08 Jul 2003 04:23:50 GMT, (SAIL LOCO) wrote this
crap:

I forgot ....... I must own a Yacht. My boat was made by Express

Yachts.

And my tools are made by Craftsman. That makes me a real builder?

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Scott Vernon

yes. Mine took about 3 months. And I think the MD. sticker is $10 for 2
years.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
It doesn't take that long EVER.

Beg to differ. It took me almost a year when the Coast Guard was moving.

Are
they done moving?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Scott Vernon

No you're not.

"Bobsprit" wrote
I'm married.

Crew death in Yacht Delivery - Med. Leigh Cherry General 2 May 11th 04 12:51 PM
NZ yacht designer David Edney Cruising 0 March 13th 04 08:13 AM
Formalities for Joint Ownership Yacht in Croatia Kris General 0 December 9th 03 12:16 AM
Yacht or boat lease Bob Beauchamp Cruising 0 July 12th 03 01:53 AM