Scott Vernon

Default Typical

He's afraid to be out after dark.
SV

wrote
then you motor off to a "better" area
before it gets dark!

Motor out to the sound and then sail to a better area - Westport,
Darien - take your pick.

Jeff Morris

Me? Talk about Lightening? I don't believe I've ever commented on it. But as long as
you're asking ...

I take comfort in the fact that no strategy has been demonstrated to work on a boat.
Since catamarans have the mast stepped on deck, and no easy way to feed a charge on the
mast into the water I choose to believe that the affects are totally random. About all I
can do is try to be located near something much taller than my mast and hope for the best.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Weather does look good, with the exception of lightning expected tonight.
Wonder how other sailors here handle the threat.

Good lord, don't get the resident puppetheads like Neal and Jeff started on the
lightening topic!

RB

Horvath

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:42:33 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

You ridiculous cheapskate? You've had you boat in the water
for about a month and you already have to clean the bottom?

What did you use for bottom paint? Sears Weather Beater?

I cleaned mine. But I use mine for racing. A clean hull is faster.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!
Horvath

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:53:36 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

Quality bottom paint makes it unnecessary to mess with
any cleaning in the first six months. All it takes is to be
underway on a regular basis to keep it spic and span.

That will keep the heavy stuff off, but you still get a little slime.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!
Simple Simon

"Horvath" wrote in message ...

That will keep the heavy stuff off, but you still get a little slime.

In Booby's case that slime is in the cockpit and it's not a little;
it's a lot!

Simple Simon

A clean hull is of paramount importance to be sure. But having
to clean it after one or two months in the water like Booby's
boat is indicative of lousy paint.

wrote this crap:

You ridiculous cheapskate? You've had you boat in the water
for about a month and you already have to clean the bottom?

What did you use for bottom paint? Sears Weather Beater?

I cleaned mine. But I use mine for racing. A clean hull is faster.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

NH_/\)_

Default Ping Scout

funny

NH_/)_

So, you'll be wearing a helmet on your ass?

To protect what? Your lips?

BB

wrote

They didn't totally rescind the helmet law. They still have one, but
it only applies to people with something worth protecting.

BB

katysails

Ever seen anyone with closed head onjuries? Wear your helmet.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bobsprit

Default John and Scotty have sex with theirdead fathers

Bwahahahahaha!

RB