SkitchNYC

Default Fourth of July movie recommendations

What's not to like?

Eyes wide shut
Scout

I blame Frederic Raphael for that one.

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message
What's not to like?

Eyes wide shut

katysails

-- you didn't like Spartacus!)?

Ok...so I liked Spartacus...the rest, though...blah....I liked _The Shining_ much better as a book than a moviue (as I like most
of Stphen King's work as books and not movies)...
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Don't forget Full Metal Jacket!

OH BIG YUCK
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Scout

it's a guy thing!
scout

"katysails" wrote in message

Don't forget Full Metal Jacket!

OH BIG YUCK
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scout

I'm a King fan too, although Dean Koontz (IMHO) is much, much better.
I would have liked the book (Shining) more too had Nicholson not stolen the
show.
Scout
Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

"katysails" wrote in message
-- you didn't like Spartacus!)?

Ok...so I liked Spartacus...the rest, though...blah....I liked _The

Shining_ much better as a book than a moviue (as I like most
of Stphen King's work as books and not movies)...
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

-- I'm a King fan too, although Dean Koontz (IMHO) is much, much better.

Depends...I like Dean Koontz, too....sometimes King gets carried away with his character devlopment and rabbles on and on...the
books that King has written that I like best are those that address horros in the real world that are not supernatural..._Cujo_
and _Dolores Claiborne_ for example....
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scout

Dolores C was outstanding. If you haven't read "The Last Rung on the
Ladder" (SK short story in Night Shift), it's worth a read. I think SK is a
talented writer; he can make the most mundane acts seem fascinating. His
weakness shows in his endings though; he doesn't (typically) deliver a good
finale.
Scout