SAIL LOCO

Default C&C37

All that. Also, a bridge deck is good to keep the water from gushing down
into the
cabin. Frankly, boats without bridge decks strike me as poor risks for hard
sailing.

Agree.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Donal

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote

A good boat is like a good woman!

your boat can cook?

No, but Bob's boat really sucks!

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

Oh. ha ha ha.

"Donal" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote

A good boat is like a good woman!

your boat can cook?

No, but Bob's boat really sucks!

Regards

Donal

DS King

Marc wrote:

Agreed about the bridge deck. I have one on my boat and am glad for
it.

Funny how when you really need it, you appreciate it!

However, my perspective is that of a 58 year old cruiser. The
bridge deck on th C&C 37 is two tiered. In fact, the vertical
hatchboard is no more than 8" tall. If you put a dodger on this
beast, you will only have 3' clearance under the boom and a 5' crawl
to enter and exit the hatch with 7 steps up and down.

That does sound like a PITA (or more likely in the knees).

Some of C&C's racier models have rather odd deck configurations. They put strange
contours in the coachroof, coamings, and deck. Bridge deck = goo, did they think that
two bridge decks = better?

My point? Not the user friendliest for a cruising boat.

Agreed, but there may be a way to reduce the PITA factors. The best boat for cruising
is the one you have.....

Racing? Who
cares, it's fast.

And fun to sail, which really more the point IMHO.

A lot of people miss the point about racing, which is that whether or not a particular
boat is fast or not makes zero difference. The point is whether or not it's faster than
it's sisters (in one design) or faster than it's rating (in big boats). A slow slow
slow boat can still be a winner. And some winning boats are no fun to sail (some
winning skippers are no fun to sail with, either).

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

SAIL LOCO

Some of C&C's racier models have rather odd deck configurations. They put
strange
contours in the coachroof, coamings, and deck. Bridge deck = goo, did they
think that
two bridge decks = better?

That's why some people call C&Cs ankle bangers and hate to crew on them.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

DS King

SAIL LOCO wrote:

That's why some people call C&Cs ankle bangers and hate to crew on them.

You mean, kind of like the way I feel about Thistles?

DSK