Scott Vernon

Default C&C37

Does the 37r also come with the 12' high stern ladder?

Scotty

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
Why do you suppose C&C went with that?

They wanted to be sure the public new they were nothing like the inferior

late
seventies designs.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Marc

Found some more info on the cnc web site. looks like its the xl
version.

What's a 'passarelle'? Never heard this term.

stern gang plank

split back stay with dual hydraulic cylinders,

Again, that's odd. You only need one to adjust the backstay.

Rod rigging

running baby back stays,

You mean running backs & checks?

Yes

mast head rig with forward running baby stay.
Anyone know this boat? What can you tell me about it?

It was intended for (and to a pretty good extent) a fast racer/cruiser,
with less emphasis on cruising. They had fancy elliptical foil keels &
rudders, and were modeled after the last generation IOR boats... fast,
much easier to handle than the earlier designs (despite the web of
rigging), and relatively roomy. I kind of like these boats, have been
aboard one but not really checked it out or sailed it. I have sailed in
company with them, they go.

Here are some numbers
Designer= Rob Ball
LOA= 39.9
LWL= 31.8
Bm= 12.6
Dr= 7.8
Disp= 15,000
Ballast= 7,400
SA= 794
SA/D= 21.0
D/L= 208
Capsize Screen= 1.97
PHRF= 63

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bobsprit

Found some more info on the cnc web site. looks like its the xl
version.

Slick boat. Suzanne and I are looking into the 36 foot version now (34+ or
XL)...we plan to trade in Alien in 2005.

RB
Marc

Not that slick. These boats look like they tend to be rode hard and
put away wet.

Found severe cracking around the aft chain plates from over
enthusiastic use of the hydraulics.

Structural cracking at the forward bulkhead from ?

High bridge deck gives you seven steps up and down the ladder and no
room under a dodger. You are going to need new knees.

On 24 Jun 2003 11:56:59 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Found some more info on the cnc web site. looks like its the xl
version.

Slick boat. Suzanne and I are looking into the 36 foot version now (34+ or
XL)...we plan to trade in Alien in 2005.

RB

Bobsprit

Found severe cracking around the aft chain plates from over
enthusiastic use of the hydraulics.

There's a 34+ at my club. Not a mark or a crack on her, but then she's not
raced. Trick is to find one like that. A good package of performance and
comfort for around 65K.

RB

Donal

"Marc" wrote in message
Not that slick. These boats look like they tend to be rode hard and
put away wet.

A good boat is like a good woman!

Regards

Donal

SAIL LOCO

High bridge deck gives you seven steps up and down the ladder and no
room under a dodger.

I'll take a bridge deck anyday. Easier to get from one side of the cockpit to
the other and they make the boat stronger.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
DS King

Check out some of the mid-1980s One Tonners and Admirals Cuppers....
definitely
designed to the IOR rule. Definitely a resemblance to the C&C "R" and "+"
series, at least to my eye.

SAIL LOCO wrote:
Doug,
To me "squared" off areas and sharp bends in the hull indicate IOR
influence.

Earlier IOR boats, yes. Then, after a long time, designers figured out that a fast
boat with a fair hull would beat a weird hull with a couple inches longer unrated
LWL.

The C&C 34R and 37Rs don't seem to have these influences. I just
see a regular canoe underbody with relativly flat areas aft.

If it were more like the "big dinghy" style boats, I'd agree. But it is an
evolution of hull shape from racers of that era, IMHO looking a bit like the IOR
boats (of that era, not the earlier broach coaches).

SAIL LOCO wrote:
I'll take a bridge deck anyday. Easier to get from one side of the cockpit to
the other and they make the boat stronger.

All that. Also, a bridge deck is good to keep the water from gushing down into the
cabin. Frankly, boats without bridge decks strike me as poor risks for hard
sailing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Steve Thomas

"Marc" wrote in message
Agreed about the bridge deck. I have one on my boat and am glad for
it. However, my perspective is that of a 58 year old cruiser. The
bridge deck on th C&C 37 is two tiered. In fact, the vertical
hatchboard is no more than 8" tall. If you put a dodger on this
beast, you will only have 3' clearance under the boom and a 5' crawl
to enter and exit the hatch with 7 steps up and down.

My point? Not the user friendliest for a cruising boat. Racing? Who
cares, it's fast.

At least you got your priorities straight.

Scott Vernon

your boat can cook?

"Donal" wrote

A good boat is like a good woman!