posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Anyone heard from Ol Thom?

I use to get emails ever so often.
I've sent him a few e-mails but no responce in about 6 mo or so.

Hey Ol Thom, you change your e-mail addy?

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
I use to get emails ever so often.
I've sent him a few e-mails but no responce in about 6 mo or so.

Hey Ol Thom, you change your e-mail addy?

Joe

Heard from him just a couple weeks ago. He's doing fine. He has a new
carrier that he's trying to figure out but has retained his old e-mail addy
so it should work. It sounds like he's having at time getting things
configured to work with Usenet so I haven't a clue what he's up against.
Send him another e-mail as I'm sure he'd like to hear from you. tassail at
webtv.net

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 24, 7:58*am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

I use to get emails ever so often.
I've sent him a few e-mails but no responce in about 6 mo or so.

Hey Ol Thom, you change your e-mail addy?

Joe

Heard from him just a couple weeks ago. He's doing fine. He has a new
carrier that he's trying to figure out but has retained his old e-mail addy
so it should work. It sounds like he's having at time getting things
configured to work with Usenet so I haven't a clue what he's up against.
Send him another e-mail as I'm sure he'd like to hear from you. tassail at
webtv.net

Wilbur Hubbard

Thanks... I will give it a try.

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hi Group,

I'm still here. Had to convert to a "Deuce" due to Comcast going 100%
Digital. I keep my old signature when I converted so the I could
maintain contact with the old groups. I really didn't think anyone would
be interested in the ways of a Beached Bum. I still can post to you.

I got your post and sorry you lost your boat. Joe
I also don't have any interest in fancy coffee. I'm perfectly happy with
old fashion Perked Coffee.

Dog and I don't have much in common with sailing anymore. We are just
growing old together. Sound easy but it isn't for Sissies..

Take care and I drop in every now an again

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 24, 1:13*pm, (Thomas Stewart) wrote:
Hi Group,

I'm still here. Had to convert to a "Deuce" due to Comcast going 100%
Digital. I keep my old signature when I converted so the I could
maintain contact with the old groups. I really didn't think anyone would
be interested in the ways of a Beached Bum. I still can post to you.

I got your post and sorry you lost your boat. Joe
I also don't have any interest in fancy coffee. I'm perfectly happy with
old fashion Perked Coffee.

Dog and I don't have much in common with sailing anymore. We are just
growing old together. Sound easy but it isn't for Sissies..

Take care and I drop in every now an again

Hello Ol Thom,

I'd rather read your postings than 99% of the political stuff posted
here.
I think we all have a few more gray hairs, even my dog skipper now has
many gray hairs, and it seems just like yesterday he was a puppy. How
time flys.

I like old fashon perked coffee too, just not the stale stuff.
Here are a few pictures of the coffee trip, some of the pictures I did
not take and are just used to tell the story. It's hard to get a
picture of a storm front in the middle of the night. Also at the end
a design of the next coffee boat. The hull is correct but the rigging
is not. It's a 79 fter that will carry 1 -20' shipping container or
47,500 lbs per trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOAhKl3cZw

Do you still see your old boat around?
To bad about McCain, lets hope Obama can do good.

Anyhow take care..
Best Regards,
Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yeah Joe.
The new owner leased my Slip for a year. He finally moved it up to
Blaine Harbor. That's about twenty miles north of Bellingham and I don't
see it anymore. He is keeping it in very nice shape but I'm glad it's
gone. The guy that use to do work on it for me still does it for him.
The same for th Rigger.

That is one hell of a cargo sailer in the picture. Best of luck with it.

Those are some really great picture of your rescue. Once in a lifetime
pictures.

You and your Lady and Dog have a nice Turkey Day, Don't eat to much~~~aw
hell; eat as much as you want and ENJOY.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 24, 10:31*pm, (Thomas Stewart) wrote:
Yeah Joe.
The new owner leased my Slip for a year. He finally moved it up to
Blaine Harbor. That's about twenty miles north of Bellingham and I don't
see it anymore. He is keeping it in very nice shape but I'm glad it's
gone. The guy that use to do work on it for me still does it for him.
The same for th Rigger.

That is one hell of a cargo sailer in the picture. Best of luck with it.

Those are some really great picture of your rescue. Once in a lifetime
pictures.

You and your Lady and Dog have a nice Turkey Day, Don't eat to much~~~aw
hell; eat as much as you want and ENJOY.

Yeah I guess if you do not own a boat anymore it's best not to see her
anymore.
Boats are like women, if you get to attached they can break your
heart. It would suck having a good looking, nice, sexy e-wife around
to look at knowing someone else is enjoying her.

I hope that was a once in a lifetime picture.

Looking forward to deep fried turkey and all the fixins! You have a
nice T-day too.

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
Looking forward to deep fried turkey and all the fixins! You have a
nice T-day too.

Stupid idiot!!!!! Ruin a perfectly good, low-fat turkey by submerging it in
hot FAT. No wonder you are so inept. Your veins and arteries are obviously
close to being clogged by cholesterol. You can't even think straight anymore
due to oxygen deprivation of the brain.

PUTZ!

Wilbur Hubbard
(HDL = 87, LDL = 108)

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 26, 11:38*am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

Looking forward to deep fried turkey and all the fixins! You have a
nice T-day too.

Stupid idiot!!!!! *Ruin a perfectly good, low-fat turkey by submerging it in
hot FAT. No wonder you are so inept. Your veins and arteries are obviously
close to being clogged by cholesterol. You can't even think straight anymore
due to oxygen deprivation of the brain.

PUTZ!

Wilbur Hubbard
(HDL = 87, LDL = 108)

Changed plans, we decided to stay on the boat. Ms T will use the
rotisserie feature in her princess oven.
Then heading to Galveston for a bit of long board surfing or beach
combing depending on surf.

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message

Changed plans, we decided to stay on the boat. Ms T will use the
rotisserie feature in her princess oven.

Much better plan. Roasted or rotisserie is the superior way to prepare a
Thanksgiving turkey. I don't bother with any of that crap, though. I just
pay a visit to the Winn-Dixie store and get their turkey plate lunch. They
roast their turkeys and carve the white meat right in front of you. You pay
by the pound so you can get exactly as much as you want along with all the
side dishes. No pots and pans to clean up, no dishes or silverware to wash.
Throw away the wine bottle. Throw away the styrofoam container. No muss, no
fuss.

Then heading to Galveston for a bit of long board surfing or beach
combing depending on surf.

Ewwwww! I wouldn't want to do any beach combing in Galveston. I've read
where there may be hundreds of people unaccounted for and pets and they may
have been washed out to sea or drowned in the surf. Rotting bodies will
surely be cropping up.

Happy Thanksgiving to ya.

Wilbur Hubbard

a wise man was heard to say Ken Marino ASA 1 October 15th 08 12:18 AM
I just heard.... Capt. Rob ASA 18 October 26th 06 11:37 PM
Haven't heard a peep out of Ole Thom Capt. Neal® ASA 7 April 8th 05 07:03 PM