posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Anyone heard from Ol Thom?

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Joe" wrote in message

Changed plans, we decided to stay on the boat. Ms T will use the
rotisserie feature in her princess oven.

Much better plan. Roasted or rotisserie is the superior way to prepare a
Thanksgiving turkey. I don't bother with any of that crap, though. I just
pay a visit to the Winn-Dixie store and get their turkey plate lunch. They
roast their turkeys and carve the white meat right in front of you. You
pay by the pound so you can get exactly as much as you want along with all
the side dishes. No pots and pans to clean up, no dishes or silverware to
wash. Throw away the wine bottle. Throw away the styrofoam container. No
muss, no fuss.

Then heading to Galveston for a bit of long board surfing or beach
combing depending on surf.

Ewwwww! I wouldn't want to do any beach combing in Galveston. I've read
where there may be hundreds of people unaccounted for and pets and they
may have been washed out to sea or drowned in the surf. Rotting bodies
will surely be cropping up.

Happy Thanksgiving to ya.

Wilbur Hubbard

Bring along a pair of pliers for yanking out gold fillings from the bodies
and a pair of dikes for cutting rings off of swollen fingers. Happy hunting!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

"Joe" wrote in message

[...]

Not even funny guys, and the wrong place. The Chambers county wetlands
are the place to look for bodies. They say there is still a pile of
rubbage 30 miles long by 20 feet high. I have not heard how many are
still missing. Meet a X USCG chief that was washed off crystal beach
across Galveston bay and ended up being rescued near Morgans
point...about 30 miles. Many many were washed with him and he is the
only one I've heard of that survived the night.

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe.

Chk in on the ASA to see if it had improved. It hadn't. I'm finished
with it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Joe.

Ch(ec)k(ed) in on the ASA to see if it had improved. It hadn't. I'm
finished
with it.

Party Pooper!

But, I guess if you wanna play with the BIG BOYS you gotta beef up! That
leaves your scrawny little arse out, dude.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Joe.

Chk in on the ASA to see if it had improved. It hadn't. I'm finished
with it.

Try *rec.boats.cruising* instead. Some people like you who got fed up with
asa cruised on over there.

++ Shad O'Shay ++

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Joe.

Chk in on the ASA to see if it had improved. It hadn't. I'm finished
with it.

Thom,

Speaking of improvement did the new owner of your boat put in a good 4:1
gear reduction and a big 4 blade prop to get some efficiency out of that
rig? He might have had to change the skeg and engine mounting angle to get
the clearance but I bet it's well worth it.

Regards,

Admiral Momsen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Joe.

Chk in on the ASA to see if it had improved. It hadn't. I'm finished
with it.

I'm with you, Thom. I have been checking in ever since I started sailing
again. But this is now nothing but crap. Maybe I'll see you on the
cruising site.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote:
I'm with you, Thom. *I have been checking in ever since I started sailing
again. *But this is now nothing but crap. *Maybe I'll see you on the
cruising site.

There have been a few sailing threads... not many, it's true.

Somebodyhas to start them.

THe problem with ASA is that the sockpuppet-politicalcrap poster(s)
have more initiative & motivation to start new threads.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Are you anticipating getting any sailing-related gifts this coming season?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Dec 2, 9:19*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Are you anticipating getting any sailing-related gifts this coming season?

Good idea for a thread... will start a new one right now

DSK

a wise man was heard to say Ken Marino ASA 1 October 15th 08 12:18 AM
I just heard.... Capt. Rob ASA 18 October 26th 06 11:37 PM
Haven't heard a peep out of Ole Thom Capt. Neal® ASA 7 April 8th 05 07:03 PM