posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Anyone heard from Ol Thom?

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Joe" wrote in message

Changed plans, we decided to stay on the boat. Ms T will use the
rotisserie feature in her princess oven.

Much better plan. Roasted or rotisserie is the superior way to prepare a
Thanksgiving turkey. I don't bother with any of that crap, though. I just
pay a visit to the Winn-Dixie store and get their turkey plate lunch. They
roast their turkeys and carve the white meat right in front of you. You
pay by the pound so you can get exactly as much as you want along with all
the side dishes. No pots and pans to clean up, no dishes or silverware to
wash. Throw away the wine bottle. Throw away the styrofoam container. No
muss, no fuss.

Then heading to Galveston for a bit of long board surfing or beach
combing depending on surf.

Ewwwww! I wouldn't want to do any beach combing in Galveston. I've read
where there may be hundreds of people unaccounted for and pets and they
may have been washed out to sea or drowned in the surf. Rotting bodies
will surely be cropping up.

Happy Thanksgiving to ya.

Wilbur Hubbard

Bring along a pair of pliers for yanking out gold fillings from the bodies
and a pair of dikes for cutting rings off of swollen fingers. Happy hunting!