posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default No brainer!

"Marty" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:38:16 -0500, Marty said:

I think you should check out your nurse Dave, I think she's slipping
something into your metamucil....

I think you should lay off the ad hominem attacks, Marty, and substitute
something more reasoned.

Something more reasoned? You mean like your paranoid delusion that the UAW
and the Teamsters are running the world and are responsible for the
financial catastrophe we are currently undergoing?

You are starting to sound like Larry, oh I know it's an ad hominem, only
ok when you deliver them....

Cheers
Martin

The UAW and Teamsters aren't???? Whew.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
Keith nuttle wrote:

Just for the record the market lost another 6% today. That is another
2000 points since election day. It has now lost nearly 50% of its value
since the end of polosi's 100 days. I believe that is slightly more than
4%GDP Every day that congress drags its feet the market suffers.

You left out "at the end of the most obstructionist Senate in the history
of the Congress",, never has an elected majority had it's will so thwarted
in 300 years of American history....

Cheers
Martin

Hey, we in the US have a lot to be proud off.. Think of it this way. We're
the only country to take some icecream, put it between two chocolate cookies
smothered in chocolate syrup, and think, "Can I deep fry this?" The answer
is Yes We Can!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
Keith nuttle wrote:
Just for the record the market lost another 6% today. That is another
2000 points since election day. It has now lost nearly 50% of its value
since the end of polosi's 100 days. I believe that is slightly more than
4%GDP Every day that congress drags its feet the market suffers.

You left out "at the end of the most obstructionist Senate in the history
of the Congress",, never has an elected majority had it's will so thwarted
in 300 years of American history....

Cheers
Martin

Hey, we in the US have a lot to be proud off.. Think of it this way. We're
the only country to take some icecream, put it between two chocolate cookies
smothered in chocolate syrup, and think, "Can I deep fry this?" The answer
is Yes We Can!

Well, I'll have to concede that! Not mention that indestructible,
totally without nutritional value, never needs refrigeration, yet still
surprisingly tasty roll, the Twinky!

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
Keith nuttle wrote:
[...]

I would think that as a Canadian, you would prefer Ho Hos. LOL Also, we have
the Dixie Chicks... true Americans.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:25:39 -0500, Marty wrote:

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:38:16 -0500, Marty said:

I think you should check out your nurse Dave, I think she's slipping
something into your metamucil....

I think you should lay off the ad hominem attacks, Marty, and substitute
something more reasoned.

Something more reasoned? You mean like your paranoid delusion that the
UAW and the Teamsters are running the world and are responsible for the
financial catastrophe we are currently undergoing?

You are starting to sound like Larry, oh I know it's an ad hominem, only
ok when you deliver them....

Cheers
Martin

Dave has previously told us how he advises bank regulators. I'm
beginning to suspect the real root of the financial mess. No wonder
Dave is trying to throw up a smoke screen.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Warning lights are flashing down at quality control
Somebody threw a spanner and they threw him in the hole
Theres rumors in the loading bay and anger in the town
Somebody blew the whistle and the walls came down
Theres a meeting in the boardroom theyre trying to trace the smell
Theres leaking in the washroom theres a sneak in personnel
Somewhere in the corridors someone was heard to sneeze
goodness me could this be industrial disease?

The caretaker was crucified for sleeping at his post
Theyre refusing to be pacified its him they blame the most
The watchdogs got rabies the foremans got fleas
And everyones concerned about industrial disease
Theres panic on the switchboard tongues are ties in knots
Some come out in sympathy some come out in spots
Some blame the management some the employees
And everybody knows its the industrial disease

The work force is disgusted downs tools and walks
Innocence is injured experience just talks
Everyone seeks damages and everyone agrees
That these are classic symptoms of a monetary squeeze
On itv and bbc they talk about the curse
Philosophy is useless theology is worse
History boils over theres an economics freeze
Sociologists invent words that mean industrial disease

Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here
Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer
I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees
But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease
He wrote me a prescription he said you are depressed
But Im glad you came to see me to get this off your chest
Come back and see me later - next patient please
Send in another victim of industrial disease

I go down to speakers corner Im thunderstruck
They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks
Two men say theyre jesus one of them must be wrong
Theres a protest singer singing a protest song - he says
they wanna have a war to keep us on our knees
They wanna have a war to keep their factories
They wanna have a war to stop us buying japanese
They wanna have a war to stop industrial disease
Theyre pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They wanna sap your energy incarcerate your mind
They give you rule brittania, gassy beer, page three
Two weeks in espana and sunday striptease
Meanwhile the first jesus says Id cure it soon
Abolish monday mornings and friday afternoons
The other ones on a hunger strike hes dying by degrees
How come jesus gets industrial disease

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
Keith nuttle wrote:

Just for the record the market lost another 6% today. That is another
2000 points since election day. It has now lost nearly 50% of its value
since the end of polosi's 100 days. I believe that is slightly more than
4%GDP Every day that congress drags its feet the market suffers.

You left out "at the end of the most obstructionist Senate in the history
of the Congress",, never has an elected majority had it's will so thwarted
in 300 years of American history....

Cheers
Martin

Gridlock - it's our only hope.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:38:10 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Clever ploy. When the big 3 come back for another round for twice as
much
money after the first round doesn't do the job, she can always say "Not
my
fault. I was brainwashed into thinking their plan would work."

So, you now believe they *should* get the bailout, but with no strings.
Seems a bit contradictory, given the noise you've been making in the other
thread!

Nope. I think the automakers shouldn't be handed taxpayer dollars. I also
recognize that a major driver for the handout is a desire on the part of
the
Dems to appease their UAW backers. So when they vote for the handout
they're
gonna need an excuse at some point for why it didn't work. I'm crediting
Pelosi with setting up that excuse well in advance.

God forbid that democrats want to forstall a complete meltdown of the
enconomy! Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:20:11 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

As well she should. She'll need everything she can get to cover her ass
when
one or more of those companies goes south after throwing more taxpayer
billions at them.

Dave,

The not so Big Three going under is a worse calamity than global warming!

The entire world will end if the UAW doesn't get to keep their fat pensions
going for 6 more months.

Complete global meltdown!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

As well she should. She'll need everything she can get to cover her ass
when
one or more of those companies goes south after throwing more taxpayer
billions at them.

You just got done claiming that Pelosi is attempting to justify *not*
bailing them out, and since the democrats are in control of Congress, that's
certainly possible. Now, you're claiming that she's going to authorize the
money to bail them out?? You might want to try and get your arguments in
order before you write them down.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com