posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default No brainer!

This article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...m-economy.html

says US carmaker failure could cut 4% from the GDP. But the cost of a
bailout is no less than 6% of GDP!

No brainer!

Let them go bankrupt!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:53:24 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
said:

says US carmaker failure could cut 4% from the GDP. But the cost of a
bailout is no less than 6% of GDP!

No brainer!

Looks as if even the Dems may have figured that out. But of course saying so
would tick off the UAW, so we now have an elaborate charade in progress,
with the Dem politicians saying they won't back the bailout because the auto
execs flew into Washington on company planes instead of taking commercial
flights.

They're creating a great comedy routine.

I think you should check out your nurse Dave, I think she's slipping
something into your metamucil....

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charles Momsen wrote:
This article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...m-economy.html

says US carmaker failure could cut 4% from the GDP. But the cost of a
bailout is no less than 6% of GDP!

No brainer!

Let them go bankrupt!

I believe this underestimates the effect. While the loss caused
directly by the personnel working for the big 3 maybe only 4%. There
are other losses that are not being considered. In an area like
Indianapolis there are many business that are dependent on the auto
industry. The prepared food industry will be hit hard as layoff will
directly effect them. There are similar industries that will be
effected that are several generation removed from the company
manufacturing cars.

The other cost is a general cost. When polosi caused the failure of the
first bailout bill the market lost about 30% in 15 days. The market has
not recovered. I have seen data indicating that if the auto industry is
not bailed out, the stock market will loose another 2000 points. As I
remember about the time of polosi's tantrum, 401k plans had lost nearly
4 trillion dollars. With the subsequent losses in the market it is many
times that in all of the companies that have been effected by the
democrats bad mortgages, and the lack of credit.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Keith nuttle wrote:
Charles Momsen wrote:
[...]

Just for the record the market lost another 6% today. That is another
2000 points since election day. It has now lost nearly 50% of its
value since the end of polosi's 100 days. I believe that is slightly
more than 4%GDP Every day that congress drags its feet the market suffers.

The 50% is the largest losses since the depression in the 1930's when
the market lost 80% of its value, and the only thing that turned it
around was a war.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

says US carmaker failure could cut 4% from the GDP. But the cost of a
bailout is no less than 6% of GDP!

No brainer!

Looks as if even the Dems may have figured that out. But of course saying
so
would tick off the UAW, so we now have an elaborate charade in progress,
with the Dem politicians saying they won't back the bailout because the
auto
execs flew into Washington on company planes instead of taking commercial
flights.

They're creating a great comedy routine.

I think you should check out your nurse Dave, I think she's slipping
something into your metamucil....

Cheers
Martin

Especially since Pelosi just said that if the Big 3 don't have a plan, they
won't get the cash. I believe the deadline is 12/3.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Keith nuttle" wrote in message
I believe this underestimates the effect. While the loss caused directly
by the personnel working for the big 3 maybe only 4%. There are other
losses that are not being considered. In an area like Indianapolis there
are many business that are dependent on the auto industry. The prepared
food industry will be hit hard as layoff will directly effect them.
There are similar industries that will be effected that are several
generation removed from the company manufacturing cars.

Yup.

The other cost is a general cost. When polosi caused the failure of the
first bailout bill the market lost about 30% in 15 days. The market has
not recovered. I have seen data indicating that if the auto industry is
not bailed out, the stock market will loose another 2000 points. As I
remember about the time of polosi's tantrum, 401k plans had lost nearly 4
trillion dollars. With the subsequent losses in the market it is many
times that in all of the companies that have been effected by the
democrats bad mortgages, and the lack of credit.

Don't be a dope. McCain solved the economic crisis, despite Pelosi. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Keith nuttle wrote:
Charles Momsen wrote:
[...]

It must be Obama's fault. After all, he's not the president. Dick (I've been
indicted, along with my buddy Al) Cheney is.

Too bad the judge didn't issue an arrest warrant. He's clearly a flight
risk... he might go to his undisclosed location. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:38:16 -0500, Marty said:

I think you should check out your nurse Dave, I think she's slipping
something into your metamucil....

I think you should lay off the ad hominem attacks, Marty, and substitute
something more reasoned.

Something more reasoned? You mean like your paranoid delusion that the
UAW and the Teamsters are running the world and are responsible for the
financial catastrophe we are currently undergoing?

You are starting to sound like Larry, oh I know it's an ad hominem, only
ok when you deliver them....

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Keith nuttle wrote:

Just for the record the market lost another 6% today. That is another
2000 points since election day. It has now lost nearly 50% of its
value since the end of polosi's 100 days. I believe that is slightly
more than 4%GDP Every day that congress drags its feet the market suffers.

You left out "at the end of the most obstructionist Senate in the
history of the Congress",, never has an elected majority had it's will
so thwarted in 300 years of American history....

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:15:44 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Especially since Pelosi just said that if the Big 3 don't have a plan,
they
won't get the cash. I believe the deadline is 12/3.

Clever ploy. When the big 3 come back for another round for twice as much
money after the first round doesn't do the job, she can always say "Not my
fault. I was brainwashed into thinking their plan would work."

So, you now believe they *should* get the bailout, but with no strings.
Seems a bit contradictory, given the noise you've been making in the other
thread!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com