posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default No brainer!

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:15:50 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:20:11 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

As well she should. She'll need everything she can get to cover her ass
when
one or more of those companies goes south after throwing more taxpayer
billions at them.

You just got done claiming that Pelosi is attempting to justify *not*
bailing them out, and since the democrats are in control of Congress, that's
certainly possible. Now, you're claiming that she's going to authorize the
money to bail them out?? You might want to try and get your arguments in
order before you write them down.

After you look up "fantastic, you may want to look up "Gordian Knot".
It will help you to understand Dave's problem. Or at least one of his
problems. g
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:15:50 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

. ..
said:

Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

As well she should. She'll need everything she can get to cover her ass
when
one or more of those companies goes south after throwing more taxpayer
billions at them.

You just got done claiming that Pelosi is attempting to justify *not*
bailing them out, and since the democrats are in control of Congress,
that's
certainly possible. Now, you're claiming that she's going to authorize the
money to bail them out?? You might want to try and get your arguments in
order before you write them down.

After you look up "fantastic, you may want to look up "Gordian Knot".
It will help you to understand Dave's problem. Or at least one of his
problems. g

Yes, Dave is fantastically "difficult."

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:44:23 -0500, Keith nuttle

said:

Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.
As well she should. She'll need everything she can get to cover her ass
when
one or more of those companies goes south after throwing more taxpayer
billions at them.

You just got done claiming that Pelosi is attempting to justify *not*
bailing them out, and since the democrats are in control of Congress, that's
certainly possible. Now, you're claiming that she's going to authorize the
money to bail them out?? You might want to try and get your arguments in
order before you write them down.

After you look up "fantastic, you may want to look up "Gordian Knot".
It will help you to understand Dave's problem. Or at least one of his
problems. g

I believe that if you look at the news today, that there is a difference
in what pelosi and obama are proposing, which is they are not going to
bailout the auto industry but are going to give them a special
bankruptcy. In layman terms they are going to bail out the auto
industry but call it something else. A rose is a rose.

I'd prefer they let the big three land where they may, and bailout the
auto industry itself by helping some of the many startups who are
trying to develop and bring to market cars that will be the envy of
the world. Bailing out the big three simply stifles innovation, and
rewards failure. I don't really think they can be preserved in their
present form regardless. It would be nearly impossible to save them in
a strong economy.

Lets encourage some completely new blood.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

[...]

I tend to agree, but I think it's possible to bail them out with the proper
controls. Management should be fired with no bonuses, the companies should
put on a clear path to produce better, fuel-efficient cars. All contracts
should be renegotiated. I don't think this is the right moment to push lots
of people onto the unemployment lines and wholesale remove health coverage
and eliminate people's pensions.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:24:11 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .

said:

[...]

The new startups are going to need those people, and they already knew
enough to start on building those cars you think are a good idea. Once
they have some backing to get going, they'll be hiring. They may even
need some of those idle factories, and even additional workers in
other fields to update them for better production methods. People have
been telling the Big Three for years that they needed to change
direction. They didn't. They can't. Too late - and now is not the
climate in which there is any chance of turning them around. It's over
and time to look ahead. You can't make a living manufacturing buggy
whips any longer, either. The big Three have outlived their viability.
There is nothing left to bail out, really. All you could do at this
point is give them obscene amounts of money to help them limp along
until that runs out, and then they fail anyway.

Bail out the auto industry itself, and forget the big three. Stick
them with a fork. They've been done for a very long time.

Don't overlook that this whole mess is actually going to make it much
easier to get universal health care passed. It will be on the fast
track now out of neccessity. Otherwise the Hospitals and Insurance
industry will be the next in line for a bailout.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

I don't think this is the right moment to push lots
of people onto the unemployment lines and wholesale remove health coverage
and eliminate people's pensions.

So when is it the right moment?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:25:39 -0500, Marty said:

I think you should lay off the ad hominem attacks, Marty, and substitute
something more reasoned.

Something more reasoned? You mean like your paranoid delusion

There you go again.

You amaze me Dave, you feel free to insult my capacity to reason, but
when I reply in kind questioning your mental balance you get upset.

Well, that's not quite true, you don't amaze me anymore, I'm beginning
to think of you in terms of a religious fundamentalist, there's no point
in pointing out Biblical contradictions to them....

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:23:15 -0500, Marty said:

There you go again.

I reply in kind questioning your mental balance

And again.

Gee, isn't this fun?

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:24:11 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

. ..

said:

[...]

Nice analysis. Actually, the "limping along" would only last 1Q, according
to the GM guy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com