posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default No brainer!

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:38:10 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Clever ploy. When the big 3 come back for another round for twice as
much
money after the first round doesn't do the job, she can always say "Not
my
fault. I was brainwashed into thinking their plan would work."

So, you now believe they *should* get the bailout, but with no strings.
Seems a bit contradictory, given the noise you've been making in the other
thread!

Nope. I think the automakers shouldn't be handed taxpayer dollars. I also
recognize that a major driver for the handout is a desire on the part of
the
Dems to appease their UAW backers. So when they vote for the handout
they're
gonna need an excuse at some point for why it didn't work. I'm crediting
Pelosi with setting up that excuse well in advance.

God forbid that democrats want to forstall a complete meltdown of the
enconomy! Pelosi asked for a plan, which involves more than flying in on the
Big 3's executive jets.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com