posted to uk.rec.boats.power

Default Advice required

Hi everyone
I'm new to the group and a couple of others, and new to any sort of boating!
but this seems to be the only group with anyone posting at the moment
so here i am!!

Anyway, i have been left a 16 foot speed boat, gps, fishfinder, lifejackets
etc, but the engine was lost when the garage was broken into and to be
honest i now want to get it back on the water and use it as a sunday fishing
boat, but as its my first boat i have no idea what size engine will push my
boat out to sea from Shoreham in sussex about 1/2 a mile and then push me
home again in one piece.
It does not have to be lightening fast, but i want it to be powerful enough
to get me and a 2nd person out for a few hours fishing, so what do you
think??
Any for sale items can be sent to muttsdanglers at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Many thanks

Paul

posted to uk.rec.boats.power

Hi

Can I suggest you look for a label which should be mounted somewhere near
the transom of which normally advises the maximum power for the craft as
well as a serial number and other manufactures details.
I would think a 50hp engine would be plenty powerful enough for you needs,
however speedboats are not the most stable of craft to fish from as they are
built to "speed" around or tow skiers.
The other thing you need to do is take at least a RYA Level 2 powerboat
training course to learn about handling, emergency procedures and navigation
etc. The other thing you will need is a VHF radio operators licence which is
another course to take.
You will need safety equipment, up to date flares, good anchor and chain &
rope just for starters.

Good luck

Dave

"Muttsdanglers" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Junior Member

You can install the between 50hp to 60hp capacity of the engine. It is comfort for your boat which you have mention. But sure that not get the above 60hp capacity engine otherwise your boat can not support it and any person can lose the control on the boat.
Banned

Location: Russia

if you already have an iPad then that sorts it all , no need of anything else.
is it just me who thought iPad was a hilarious sounding name for a product when it was released? hint: feminine

Peace
Banned

Location: Greenland
Send a message via ICQ to WHWillie

Hello
I have an asus eee pc 10' notebook (1001px)microsoft office Professional 2010 64 bit key
On the box it says.. "Purchasemicrosoft office 2010 key to activate preloaded software on this PC" and i already have a product key/code foroffice 2010 Standard x64 key but dont know where to find the preloaded software (or the place where i can enter the key)microsoft office Professional 2010 generator
Could you help by any chance?office pro 2010 code
Thankyou