Adrian Smith

Default Inverter

I'm looking for a good quality inverter for my narrowboat.

Power 2000-3000 watts.

Any input and experiece of types and manufacturers would be very
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

--
Adrian Smith
www.YourStadium.com

Figment

"Adrian Smith" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm looking for a good quality inverter for my narrowboat.

Power 2000-3000 watts.

Any input and experiece of types and manufacturers would be very
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

--
Adrian Smith
www.YourStadium.com
Superb aerial pictures of UK football stadiums.

Do you really mean 3000watts (3kw)?
As Watts = Volts x Amps
That's 12.5 amps at 240volts.
If the inverter was 100% efficient, it would be 250 amps at 12volts,
allowing for inefficiencies more like 300 amps at 12 volts.

Adrian Smith

"Figment" wrote in message

"Adrian Smith" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm looking for a good quality inverter for my narrowboat.

Power 2000-3000 watts.

Any input and experiece of types and manufacturers would be very
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

--
Adrian Smith
www.YourStadium.com
Superb aerial pictures of UK football stadiums.

Do you really mean 3000watts (3kw)?
As Watts = Volts x Amps
That's 12.5 amps at 240volts.
If the inverter was 100% efficient, it would be 250 amps at 12volts,
allowing for inefficiencies more like 300 amps at 12 volts.

I know, I've done the sums, but an inverter is what I need:-)

Do you know of the best manufacturers in the UK?

--
Adrian Smith
www.YourStadium.com
Superb aerial pictures of UK football stadiums.

Peter

Victron do good quality inverters as well as combined inverter chargers.
Expect to pay about £1200 minimum for a top quality make.
Peter

Figment

"Adrian Smith" wrote in message
k...
"Figment" wrote in message

[...]

Not UK manufactured, but a friend had a Vetus combined Inverter Charger
(When conected to shore power or the generator recharges the batteries),
don't know the model. He's a liveaboard on a swinging mooring and it's never
given him any trouble.

Adrian Smith

Thanks for the input and advice..

I bought an Izzy 3Kw inverter for £355 from http://www.eurobatteries.com

If anyones interested in it's perfomance let me know....

--
"Peter" wrote in message
Victron do good quality inverters as well as combined inverter chargers.
Expect to pay about £1200 minimum for a top quality make.
Peter

Adrian Smith

"Peter" wrote in message
Victron do good quality inverters as well as combined inverter chargers.
Expect to pay about £1200 minimum for a top quality make.
Peter

Seems to work well so far. I have not tried it on more sensitive equiptment
like tv and audio equiptment yet.

Eurobatteries seemed to be very helpfull and professional as well.